What's your opinion?

Hector108

No ants have gotten near the shed i built, my tort is in there asleep, but i am not sure. The temps for tonight get to 66F being the lowest and 7% precipitation. There are dry leaves in there to insulate the tort, but i want to hear ya'lls opinion if i should leave it out overnight starting today or give it another day of testing to see if ants get close. Will it be too cold for her if i leave it out overnight? I think i made it pretty waterproof (i will post pics so you can see). She is 4 in. long.

Other info: (I will lock her inside overnight if she stays in there just to be safe) She is a Texas tortoise (gopherus berlandieri).

Hector108

This is the shed. I made the front longer to prevent rain from getting in. I also positioned it a little slanted downwards so the rain won't stay on top of the shed roof.

1462236008551.jpg 1462236040175.jpg 1462236059455.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
66 should be warm enough for a Texas tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So i should leave her out tonight?

Is there a reason to leave her out instead of bringing her in where you know it is safe from ants and other predators?

If you want her to sleep outside, you should have a closable, latch-able door.

Plus with your ant problem, you might want to make sure things are safe for a while.