Whats Your Redfoots Favorite vegetable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
I just give Jaba regular button mushrooms the white round common ones I used to buy them sliced in Canada because they were triple washed...
No way Jaba would get her little moosh on any portabella's in my house we'd have to fight her for them... lol

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
I see no one answered your question on hides so I'll give it a shot...plants and moss and such, or maybe some tree bark that falls. In captivity plants make great hides (fake or real), moss, and anything with a roof and an entrance (like the flower pots, containers, boxes, etc...half logs are cool too, but you have to beware as those have grip for a tort to climb and then fall from, where the slippery pots or the vertical sided containers are safer choices). For torts that like moist substrates the plastic hides/plants and real plants work better, while for dry torts, you can also add in paper box hides and hay piles or whatever. Each tort seems to have slightly different preferences from what I've read here...my tort has a few greens that are very well liked here which he will turn up his nose at, like collard greens. I always try at least a few times though, as sometimes its a fluke (it goes ignored or maybe its bad or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.