Which Cactus for sulcatas?

Ohangus

Location (City and/or State)
Ormond Beach ,Florida
My sulcata loves aloe so I thought I would try the cactus- not sure if this is the correct one? Thanks everyone in advance

Attachments

• 20201107_212759.jpg
    20201107_212759.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 27

nicoleann2214

NY
My sulcata loves aloe so I thought I would try the cactus- not sure if this is the correct one? Thanks everyone in advance
I think that one is okay? I feed mine spineless opuntia she loves that.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
The torts eat the smaller spines and work around the bigger. If you are extremely worried you can take a blowtorch or turn on a gas burner and burn them off

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is one of the many varieties of spineless opuntia. It is great tortoise food.

Don't worry about the spines and the little micro-glochids. They are irritating and painful to us, but the tortoises are immune to them. In the wild tortoises of all species eat the fully spined versions and have no issues whatsoever. I've been feeding 12 different varieties of the spineless types to all of my torts of all species and ages for year without doing anything to remove the spines. They just eat it by the bucket load with no problems,

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Feel free to feed the Opuntia “fruit” (aka tuna) as well. The pads & fruit are all loved & devoured.

✅ Opuntia, commonly called prickly pear, is a genus in the cactus family, Cactaceae. Prickly pears are also known as tuna (fruit), sabra, nopal (paddle, plural nopales) from the Nahuatlword nōpalli for the pads, or nostle, from the Nahuatl word nōchtli for the fruit; or paddle cactus.

Ohangus

Ormond Beach ,Florida
The torts eat the smaller spines and work around the bigger. If you are extremely worried you can take a blowtorch or turn on a gas burner and burn them off
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I like how you think," BIG"! No messing around just grab the ol' blow torch!! thank you again