White lines between scutes, sensitive to touch.

Mydoggiz

Location (City and/or State)
Akron, OH
Its not a tipping hazard. Its low. It doesnt have deep sides compared to him. I dont know what CFL stands for. His temps are high. He gets direct sunlight during the day in tht enclosure. It comes right in the window. His basking spot is about 90ish degrees. I spray in there and have kept his humidity pretty high, but not as high as his last enclosure. He was in glass for a short period of time with paper taped on the outside so he wouldn't hurt his face. His humidity does need to be higher though. Was thinking maybe get a piece of plexi glass.

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
CFL = compact florescent light. here is a picture of a few:
71VX6KTosHL._SL1500_.jpg

Here is a thread about them and why they are dangerous:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/coil-type-uv-bulbs-dont-use-them.35247/

Sunlight, when filtered through a window, provides little to no benefit for UVB. You have several options for providing UVB.
Option one: long tube florescent bulbs.
Option two: MVB (mercury vapor bulb)
Option three: sun that has NOT been filtered through a window. You would need to provide him several hours of sun per week.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Its not a tipping hazard. Its low. It doesnt have deep sides compared to him. I dont know what CFL stands for. His temps are high. He gets direct sunlight during the day in tht enclosure. It comes right in the window. His basking spot is about 90ish degrees. I spray in there and have kept his humidity pretty high, but not as high as his last enclosure. He was in glass for a short period of time with paper taped on the outside so he wouldn't hurt his face. His humidity does need to be higher though. Was thinking maybe get a piece of plexi glass.
He can't absorb UV through a window. He either needs to be put outside for a few hours a week or have a light that provides UV.