White lines between scutes?

Cody Delask

Location (City and/or State)
ILLINOIS
Hey all, I’m kinda new to this as I recently bought this Russian tort from a friend who didn’t want her anymore but he told me she’s about 3 years old and she’s got these white lines between her scutes. He said it’s from growing but I just wanna make sure. She eats the pellets from ZooMed along with some spring mix (minus the spinach and the romaine) and occasionally some dandelions right now. I’ve also been sprinkling calcium powder over the food every once in a while. I just don’t know if I should take her to the vet or if I should be feeding her different or what not, there’s a lot of info online and it’s a bit confusing. Thanks in advance ! She also doesn’t have any problems moving around or anything and is pretty active.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Cute tortoise. The white lines are new growth. Normal. Have you been soaking your tortoise? Welcome to the forum.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey all, I’m kinda new to this as I recently bought this Russian tort from a friend who didn’t want her anymore but he told me she’s about 3 years old and she’s got these white lines between her scutes. He said it’s from growing but I just wanna make sure. She eats the pellets from ZooMed along with some spring mix (minus the spinach and the romaine) and occasionally some dandelions right now. I’ve also been sprinkling calcium powder over the food every once in a while. I just don’t know if I should take her to the vet or if I should be feeding her different or what not, there’s a lot of info online and it’s a bit confusing. Thanks in advance ! She also doesn’t have any problems moving around or anything and is pretty active.
That's just new growth. That's a great looking Russian.

Cody Delask

ILLINOIS
Cute tortoise. The white lines are new growth. Normal. Have you been soaking your tortoise? Welcome to the forum.
Thank you, and okay that makes me feel better. Yes I soak her every other day except on the weekends.

Reactions: Ink