White Lines On Shell

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico City
Hi, I’m a new member and first-time tortoise owner, I used to take care of some adult red foots in St Vincent and I fell in love with them! My 4-6 month old Red Foot tortoise Coconut started to get these white lines on her shell.. Im not sure if it’s shell rot or growth lines and I’m pretty worried :(
Shes eating everyday what I give to her, maybe a bit too much since she’s getting little fat folds ?, (I feed her mostly romaine lettuce, a bit of mango and and a mix of different fruits everyday), I mix calcium with her food twice a week and her temperature is at average 70-90 degrees, her humidity is a bit low (70) and I’m trying to fix that now, she is mostly indoors sleeping and I take her outside everyday for 1-2 hours, she’s mostly active around those times. Please Help! Thank you! :)
(A reminder, I bought her at Petco a few days ago, on Sunday we took her to the petco vet for puffy eyes and bubbles blowing from her nose, he said that she should be kept in a desert environment instead of my “tropical” setup..)
9B81B3D5-9AE4-4504-A30E-85E23AC57C98.jpegBBEA605C-1F58-4A9B-86C7-E1ED9671030D.jpegB931AAE7-4745-4963-AF01-E37DFC4D6DAA.jpeg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You are correct, she is growing. The white line on torts's carapace it is Growth line.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Please STOP going to your PETCO vet.
That information will kill your Redfoot.
Your Redfoot needs it to be about 82 degrees. Never much higher than 90. He needs sunshine or a UV strip florescent light and he needs a CONSTANT HUMIDITY of at least 70%.
Seriously, never visit that idiot veterinarian again.
You're doing things just fine.
.....Desert habitat for a Redfoot?....
Otherwise, you pictures show nothing but healthy animals.