Why do some folks get "angry" when they get old?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis

Yup, I remember as a 2-3 yr old in Michigan, standing in front of windows, chewing the wooden sills and remembering that the paint tasted sweet sometimes. That thick light green or yellow paint we all knew and loved...Stores, grandmas house, at home..............yup, honest true story.

Just think, "what could have been" w/o the resultant brain retardation? LMAO.....ahh, a little lead is good for you.....it might even calm folks down a bit these days? I think the lead is what made protected me so I never get sick?

Anyway......the thread.....I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to turn into a grouch. I would be ashamed of myself if I wasn't happy today because the most important thing I ever learned besides learning to read was told to me by a teacher in 5th grade;

'"I choose" Your life will be based on how you choose to apply it.'
if you make your choices, you may like the results, if you let others make your choices, you cannot.

I've seen my "life-reel" roll by during mishaps and accidents so often it's like watching home movies. I'm already older than I ever thought I would get. Think about what that means to me......yeah, for me, this is all frosting to me! While I'm still in a bit of shock that I will actually deal with "old age", there is not an ounce of disappointment. I have felt love many times in life, that alone makes me grateful. I still love people, I have people that love me, I'm way healthier than I should be(think of a combo of Keith Richards & Wilt chamberlain), nothing is broken-broken yet... Overall, I'm good...my dresser top is full of junk stuff, not med bottles! I don't even get sick.

Here's the deal none of us likes to talk about;

If we are really fortunate and never get sick with a horrible disease, one day, out of no-where, the clock will stop ticking for each of us, most if us will be surprised and will say to ourselves as we die "Really, is this how it happens, here?"

When it happens to me I want my last thought to be "Not how I envisioned it but okay, I'm good".

Yu'all disappointed ones....you come hang with me for a while, I'll get you right as rain.....no bitterness or "future regret" allowed! I always see the guy on TV selling Commemorative Coins when I hear "future regret" LOL

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I changed my mind. It's because we realize the stupidity around us all these years and don't want to put up with it any more in the few years we have left!
That's why I always liked and had many animals.