• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
mctlong said:
Mine are pets. However, my bf using them to form a tortoise army. They're quiet, so the enemy will never know they're coming... and we can tie lazor beams to their heads....

I laughed so hard i had to change my pants!!

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I have been drawn to tortoises for some reason for as long as I remember. I don't know if the ninja turtles had anything to do with it, but it didn't hurt :D

When I was about 12-13, my neighbors would find Texas tortoises and give them to me. I had 3. One was big, one was probably about 4 inches and the other was smaller, probably about 2(ish) inches. The tiny one had a front leg missing and only the outer 2 toenails on the other front foot. I didn't know how to take care of them. I had a book on turtles. I don't think I had any heat for them, I didn't feed them right, they were in a way too small tank. I don't know how long I had them. I let them go in one of the pastures. I found the tiny one run over on the road which made me so sad. I did find the biggest one again and he was doing well. I just hope that the 2 are still doing well and reproducing. I still feel bad about the way I kept them. I am very adamant about doing research on animals before I get them. And I will NOT take an animal out of the wild. Though, any time that I see any tortoise, turtle or snake on the road, I will stop and get them off of the road.

I researched tortoises pretty thoroughly before I got another one. Plus it was about 14 years later and there is a lot more information now that I could not find as a kid.

Tortoises bring me a joy that I can not explain.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.