why is he acting like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
my Russian tortoise has been acting weird. he has been skittish and very active. he ruins his enclosure every 5 minutes and moves his hides all over and tries to climb inside it! and just keeps climbing the walls! is he stressed or what? what do i do?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Has anything changed at all for your tortoise? Has he been startled in some way from what you know? Maybe he felt an earthquake or something? It is really hard to say...you know? Reach into his enclosure and check under all hides and crevices and make sure perhaps something may have crawled in and is bugging him????

Also be sure to check his temps to make sure no spike in temp...make sure your temp gauge is working correctly....:D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Alternatively, he's just being male and his hormones are on the up. Joe goes through phases of this and then calms down. What are your temps like?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You could try increasing the cool area temps slightly - up to the low 80s. That might help to calm things down a little.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
JoesMum said:
You could try increasing the cool area temps slightly - up to the low 80s. That might help to calm things down a little.

Cool!! Thanks I'll let you guys know of anything works!

Status
Not open for further replies.