Why won’t my sulcata hibernate?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Hello! I recently found a sulcata tortoise in the woods today, and I don’t want to take care of it right now. It’s floor is made of rabbit pellets and calcium sand so that it is as dry as possible. I don’t want it to get shell rot!

We feed it strawberries, broccoli, banana, grass from my very clean, chemically treated yard, and mushrooms from outside. He has a very good diet, because he eats a lot of it, and poops liquid!

I don’t see why they need heat lights, because they don’t have them in the wild!!!1! I think all of you meany “experts” need to think about that, because my tortoise is doing just fine! His shell is really soft, and he sleeps a lot because he’s comfy, and that proves it!1!!!

So anyway, why isn’t it hibernating??? I stuck it in the fridge and it won’t sleep!

(...I got bored)

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hello! I recently found a sulcata tortoise in the woods today, and I don’t want to take care of it right now. It’s floor is made of rabbit pellets and calcium sand so that it is as dry as possible. I don’t want it to get shell rot!

We feed it strawberries, broccoli, banana, grass from my very clean, chemically treated yard, and mushrooms from outside. He has a very good diet, because he eats a lot of it, and poops liquid!

I don’t see why they need heat lights, because they don’t have them in the wild!!!1! I think all of you meany “experts” need to think about that, because my tortoise is doing just fine! His shell is really soft, and he sleeps a lot because he’s comfy, and that proves it!1!!!

So anyway, why isn’t it hibernating??? I stuck it in the fridge and it won’t sleep!

(...I got bored)
A FARCE!
[emoji33]

Bee62

Germany

(...I got bored)
Hmmmm, when you are bored you should do riddles, not threads ... I think.:confused:
New members, beginners in tort keeping could take your words wrong ... No good idea.:( Sorry to say.:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Bee62. Not the kind of thread newbies need. Not everyone is going to get that it's a joke. Besides it could get you a lot of harsh comments, like I was going to do when I first started reading your thread. Luckily I read the whole thread before commenting. Some won't.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

You forgot to mention your bank of cfl bulbs for UV, that it lives on the floor in your house, and that it has a "friend" that it lives with and follows around all day and cuddles with at night. You also neglected to mention that you never soak it, because after all, who force soaks them in the wild??? And your vet gives them monthly "vitamin injections" along with Baytril injections as a preventative to keep them healthy. And your yard is surrounded by oleanders and azaleas, but you know its safe because tortoises have live for millions of years without us telling them what to eat, right???

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
You forgot to mention your bank of cfl bulbs for UV, that it lives on the floor in your house, and that it has a "friend" that it lives with and follows around all day and cuddles with at night. You also neglected to mention that you never soak it, because after all, who force soaks them in the wild??? And your vet gives them monthly "vitamin injections" along with Baytril injections as a preventative to keep them healthy. And your yard is surrounded by oleanders and azaleas, but you know its safe because tortoises have live for millions of years without us telling them what to eat, right???

Ah darn, I forgot some stuff!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

(...I got bored)

You got bored? I can tell!!! It's not even April 1st.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Ok, this is serious. Please help.

New tort and don’t know what to do?! Help!

https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ort-and-don’t-know-what-to-do?!-Help!.163044/

I don’t have a Russian, and I don’t know much about lights, so I’m not sure how much I can help them. But this person is kind of reminding me of this thread. I would be grateful if someone could help them.
They don’t know their temps, because the person at the pet store told them they don’t need a thermometer.

hollygaucas

Manchester
Ok, this is serious. Please help.

New tort and don’t know what to do?! Help!

https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ort-and-don’t-know-what-to-do?!-Help!.163044/

I don’t have a Russian, and I don’t know much about lights, so I’m not sure how much I can help them. But this person is kind of reminding me of this thread. I would be grateful if someone could help them.
They don’t know their temps, because the person at the pet store told them they don’t need a thermometer.

Is this me?