Widdle Wow!

barnsleysime

Location (City and/or State)
Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England
so, just had Marvin on the bed, and he was doing the same as yesterday, running about all over, investigating (who said tortoises were slow?) then he stops. and wee's. WHERE DID HE STORE ALL THAT??? i have a beagle that doesn't do as much! thankfully he did it on The Enemy's side of the duvet, just like yesterday and today's poos, so of course i praised him. (had some toilet roll on hand, just in case!)

measured him also. front of shell to rear, approx 6cm.

on a semi related note... is there anywhere on here/my profile i can sort of blog as and when?

Dd-SV_lU8AAd1I9.jpg:large

Bee62

Germany
so, just had Marvin on the bed, and he was doing the same as yesterday, running about all over, investigating (who said tortoises were slow?) then he stops. and wee's. WHERE DID HE STORE ALL THAT??? i have a beagle that doesn't do as much! thankfully he did it on The Enemy's side of the duvet, just like yesterday and today's poos, so of course i praised him. (had some toilet roll on hand, just in case!)

measured him also. front of shell to rear, approx 6cm.

on a semi related note... is there anywhere on here/my profile i can sort of blog as and when?

Dd-SV_lU8AAd1I9.jpg:large
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It is not my intention to sound harsh but tortoises should not be on a bed. The new things there scare them and then.... they poop and pee.
Can you please show us some pics of Marvin and his enclosure ? What specie is Marvin ? I am looking forward to hear more from your tort.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Marvin's so cute!

Yes, I learned the hard way that tortoises pee and poop more when they are nervous or scared. I took Charlie into school for show and tell when he was a hatchling. The kids didn't like him because he wouldn't stop pooping!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Marvin's so cute!

Yes, I learned the hard way that tortoises pee and poop more when they are nervous or scared. I took Charlie into school for show and tell when he was a hatchling. The kids didn't like him because he wouldn't stop pooping!

Sorry but that is too effing funny LMAO

barnsleysime

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It is not my intention to sound harsh but tortoises should not be on a bed. The new things there scare them and then.... they poop and pee.
Can you please show us some pics of Marvin and his enclosure ? What specie is Marvin ? I am looking forward to hear more from your tort.

we live and learn, thanks.

he is a Horsefield (i think you call them Russians)

i was quizzed at great length by the seller before him being given to me, an odd thing as that is where we have always bought supplies for my dragon and my son's. and still do, we bought hoppers while we were picking Marvin up!

the enclosure is a 73 gallon vivarium that used to house my late Bearded Dragon (thoroughly cleaned three times before Marvin went in). heat lamp and UV strip. heat lamp was on for at least 24 hours before he was put in so i knew it was up to temp (70 cool end 90 hot end). the substrate is going to be changed. it is what he was on at the reptile supplier, but after reading more here, it is going to change to something more "soil based" this weekend. living in the north of England, the weather ain't the best for him being outside permanently, but rest assured he WILL be having his garden time.

occasionally dusting his food with calcium powder (comes naturally after Stumpy) and he's gonna get a nice soak later today.

i spent a fair amount of time reading through LOTS of websites before he came home, it is NOT something i went into lightly. that said, there are MANY contradictory views about, so ANY constructive advice/criticism will always be welcome.

DeCEUnDX0AAyXUR.jpg-large.jpeg 33167902_10156514402614703_6069250940613951488_n.jpg