Wild mushrooms

Violanna

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So I have wild mushrooms growing all over my yard. I have no clue what kind they are or if they are toxic. I’m not too worried about it yet, but would love to know if anyone knows what they are. If they are toxic I’d love ideas to prevent them because they just pop up all over our of no whereFB3E04D9-6DA4-4A98-A345-1C128CD74418.jpegA614DCA7-27B5-4A9B-9696-71792D5A6006.jpeg2958D9B5-652C-4275-8034-5653704A316C.jpeg

TaraMaiden

Nottinghamshire UK
The only mushrooms you can feed your tortoise are ones readily available for human consumption, in supermarkets. And those, you should give only SPARINGLY, if at all, because they are very high in protein.
If conditions in your yard are ideal for the growing of any fungi, consider altering the environment if you can, to allow more sunlight. Picking the fungi the moment you see them, will prevent the ripening of the spores, and stop the spread...

TaraMaiden

Nottinghamshire UK
The only mushrooms you can feed your tortoise are ones readily available for human consumption, in supermarkets. And those, you should give only SPARINGLY, if at all, because they are very high in protein.
If conditions in your yard are ideal for the growing of any fungi, consider altering the environment if you can, to allow more sunlight. Picking the fungi the moment you see them, will prevent the ripening of the spores, and stop the spread...
Oh good grief, I just realised the date of the original post! Note to self: check and double-check!! 🤦‍♀️