Will a Powersun MVB be good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rock Hill, SC
Tnewton said:
I personally would only use the CHE at night. During the day your tort needs temps to vary. Unless you live in antartica you should be fine with just the heat during the day and CHE in thermo as Tom stated at about 75 degrees. It dont get that cold im SC does it???

No it doesn't get that cold, and the winters aren't harsh.

Cory

5 Year Member
Rock Hill, SC
I believe I got everything ironed out now. I'm going to be ordering my sully Friday. And I cannot wait as soon as he/she comes in I will post pics.

Tnewton

5 Year Member
Cory said:
I believe I got everything ironed out now. I'm going to be ordering my sully Friday. And I cannot wait as soon as he/she comes in I will post pics.

Where you getting him from? Lots of turnip and collard greens...lol

Cory

5 Year Member
Rock Hill, SC
Underground Reptiles, in FL, they are closer than ordering from NV or CA.

Tnewton

5 Year Member

Yeah but no matter where you order from it will arrive the same day. I havent heard bad or good things about them. I do know they dont anwser emails. If you wanna order from Florida try reptmart, very good service and quality animals. Or Tom has some great healthy sully babies

Cory said:
Underground Reptiles, in FL, they are closer than orderin
Cory said:
g from NV or CA.

Cory

5 Year Member
Rock Hill, SC
I've had the opposite with them they respond with in a couple hours of my email. I'm not too picky who or where I get it from I just want a healthy baby.

M

Maggie Cummings

fbsmith3 said:
I have a Zoomet ReptiSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent. It came in a combo pack with the Basking bulb. My BT loves the basking bulb and it regulated the temperature so well on the hot side.

I'll probally just use the ReptiSun as an expensive plant light and continue to use the Florescent tube plant light to get her the UVB. Lesson learned.

I'm hoping you read my post about the compact flourscent bulb blinding my hatchling Sulcata and killing another one. So please don't use it on your tortoises. Why it blinds reptiles I don't know but I do know it does and there's been a lot of chatter on the Internet from reptile keepers about them. Lizards especially...
I don't have time right now to hunt up the link for you from a site that tests UVB bulbs and what they wrote about the compact bulbs. But in the next day or so I will hunt it up and post it for all you newbies...

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I started a correspondence with Zoo-Med about their Reptisun 5.0 CFL. The assured me that they engineered it to be safe as long as it's used as instructed.

My wife and I have a lot of houseplants we keep outside during the summer, some are huge. I'm using the Reptisun 5.0 as a plant light right now. If some of the plants start to suffer, no big deal, since they can easily recover.

Cleo the amazing Box Turtle, has a window so she gets a little sun and she shares an ugly florescent lamp with a new UVB tube with some of the plants. She prefers her basking bulb above all else. I could have save a lot of money if I just bought the basking bulb and the florescent tube in the first place.

Tnewton

5 Year Member
fbsmith3 said:
I started a correspondence with Zoo-Med about their Reptisun 5.0 CFL. The assured me that they engineered it to be safe as long as it's used as instructed.

My wife and I have a lot of houseplants we keep outside during the summer, some are huge. I'm using the Reptisun 5.0 as a plant light right now. If some of the plants start to suffer, no big deal, since they can easily recover.

Cleo the amazing Box Turtle, has a window so she gets a little sun and she shares an ugly florescent lamp with a new UVB tube with some of the plants. She prefers her basking bulb above all else. I could have save a lot of money if I just bought the basking bulb and the florescent tube in the first place.

Yeah, the prob with the bulbs was back in 08/09 since then they have stated the problem has been fixed. No one really kniws forsure if they are or not. I know some reptile keepers/shops that still use them with no probs. Personally I myself wouldnt be afraid to use them now, id just watch my torts closely. These companies arent going to risk customers by not fixing problems with products

Status
Not open for further replies.