Will my idea work? [Advice Requested]

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
We need to know where you live and what kind of tortoise in order to comment. Climate matters.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How fun! That first image, the cinderblock house, is my 110lb sulcata's old house that I tore down earlier this year to put up a regular shed. That house worked well for about 10 years, but I got tired of propping the lid open and leaning inside to clean it out. He had a 60 watt black bulb hanging from the ceiling, and a 1.5x2' pig blanket on the floor. It worked like a champ.

Dylanruenz

Phoenix, Arizona
How fun! That first image, the cinderblock house, is my 110lb sulcata's old house that I tore down earlier this year to put up a regular shed. That house worked well for about 10 years, but I got tired of propping the lid open and leaning inside to clean it out. He had a 60 watt black bulb hanging from the ceiling, and a 1.5x2' pig blanket on the floor. It worked like a champ.
What are the flaps used in the door area?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I use automotive car/truck tire "Mud flaps". I have them used at work. (I'm a mechanic) But any thick, flexible rubber could be cut to size including floor mat or home entrance mat material.
Anything that the wind wont blow around, but tortoises can push aside. For that matter, maybe even sections of carpet would work.