Will these fit? Second opinion (other than mine!) needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon

xxflowersxx

5 Year Member
South Jersey
I'm not sure about the quality of the stuff but I know that the Petco by me had them. Have you checked your local store?

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yeah... I checked three Petco stores yesterday and none of them had them :(

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
The ceramic heat emitters that you have are excellent, but I believe they need a light fixture with a ceramic base, they often have wire frame. You can find these in our Home Depot/Lowe's and probably hardware stores as they are used in shops. You can also get 'brooder' fixtures with a ceramic base at feed stores.
I doubt they could be used with hood fixtures, as they get very hot, but others might know.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
You can make your own! ... Home depot has the ceramic fixtures for a couple of bucks. Buy a 6' extension cord, cut the end off and wire to the fixture ( vey easy , no need to be an electrician) in addition I also use a small sqaure backing plate of tin/sheet metal mounted FIRST on the enclosure then mount ceramic on top of that. This will dissipate the heat off the side/top of enclosure and prevent "hot spot" where mounted.
" Keep on Building"

JD~:)

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thank you all! Phooey! My ceramic heat emitters are 150 watts I think.... too hot to take out of the thingy right now :) Right now I have a zilla halogen/fluorescent hood and I hate it. I have it connected to my temp controller and the uv lamp is on the same plug in as the heat lamps to when it gets too toasty, everything shuts down til it cools down and cycles. The exo terra one has a seperate plug for the halogens and for the uv bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.