Window and late night light

Toonooky

Location (City and/or State)
Ipswich
Hi, 2 part question, first, the room we are thinking of putting the toutoise is the living room so the lights are on upto midnight most days and some times 1am if I'm gaming, will the tortoise just hide and go to sleep or will it do harm? (assuming the inclosure light go's off normal time and it has a hide a way) second, if its placed by a window in the summer will it be to hot for the tortoise? (I know it still needs a uv lamp) thanks in advance

xMario

Germany
Hi, 2 part question, first, the room we are thinking of putting the toutoise is the living room so the lights are on upto midnight most days and some times 1am if I'm gaming, will the tortoise just hide and go to sleep or will it do harm? (assuming the inclosure light go's off normal time and it has a hide a way) second, if its placed by a window in the summer will it be to hot for the tortoise? (I know it still needs a uv lamp) thanks in advance
Depends on the tortoise personality.
my sulcata wakes up as soon as I turn the lights on and walks around so it would disturb her day and night cycle... if it's to hot near the window depends on ur temperature where u live

Toonooky

Ipswich
I'm in the UK (not much summer) I'm going to build a shelter so it can get good shade if needed.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't think the room lights will be a big deal.

Only your thermometer can answer the question about the enclosure being too hot in the sun. Doesn't seem likely in the UK, but I'd check it and see as summer approaches and the weather warms up.

SPILL

Illinois
I cover the viewing area of my enclosures at night with thin sheets to block out light from the house. Since they spend nights in their hides and caves I don't think that it's really necessary, but it doesn't hurt anything and gives me peace of mind.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You'll just have to check the temps. My enclosure is right next to the window and it doesn't effect mine.