Would have been enclosure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvmyGreenSon

5 Year Member
Well as stated in my other post my little guy didn't make it, and despite his absences my boyfriend and I decided to finish his enclosure in honor of him. This is it about 95 % done. It is 4ft by 2ft the only thing left to finish is the hinges on the top screens and the stand for the lights and of course setting up the inside although I probably won't do that as I don't have anything to put inside. Also on the front of the table I am going to make a little plaque or plate that says Guido Memorial Terrarium. I just have to pick one of the 100 trophy/ award places in my area to make it.

I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet though. I thought about maybe selling it, but we worked so hard on it I would hate to not see it be used. :( I also can't imagine living a life without owning another tort so maybe one day one will find a home with me.

Oh and that is a stuffed animal tort in the enclosure just in case it looked real enough to freak anyone out. :tort:

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You've done a nice job on the table. It would be a shame not to get another tortoise to live in it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks like a nice home, I also agree it would be a shame to not use it one day.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree, you did an awesome job and it would be a shame not to use it. I would think using it, would also honor the little guy even more. How about you finish it and set it up with plants growing in it That way, while you get healed from the loss you can still enjoy it, plus when you do decide your ready to try again, the home is already for the next lucky guy.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
It looks great and I think y'all should get another tortoise to enjoy all of the hard work that went into the enclosure...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You have a beautiful palace there....I believe you will be the answer to some tortoise in need of a place to deem his very own kingdom....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.