Would this seed mix be good to plant in enclosures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkingler

5 Year Member
http://www.groworganic.com/low-growing-good-bug-blend-lb-1.html

...a mix of annuals and perennials under 2' tall
...Blooms begin 45-90 days after planting and will continue for years....
Contains: Carrot, Chervil, Coriander, Clovers (Crimson, White, and Rose), Subclovers, Nasturtium, Parsley, Alyssum, and Yarrow.

Thinking about getting it.

That and this chicory.
http://www.groworganic.com/chicory-lb.html

Any thoughts? How do you think it stacks up vs. the Grazing and Russian mixes from Carolina Pet Supply?

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
The yarrow is the problem with that one (can cause eye problems per the Tortoise Table), and perhaps the chervil. Chicory is fine.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Dangit. I am trying to get variety and things that will grow easily here in SD. Should I go with the Russian Mix?

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
The russian mix is good. I use a clover shaker from Home Depot also. I think Jacqui has a recommendation for a pasture mix that is good from Grow Organic.

jkingler

5 Year Member
With the probably $10 shipping from GrowOrganic and the free shipping from Carolina Pet Supply, I took the easy and maybe marginally more expensive route and got the 1lb bag of Russian Seed Mix...and the 15oz TNT with probiotics, too, haha. Just in case I take in a foster tort or two, to make sure they get all their nutrition and then some. :p Thanks for all of the help. I almost got the one in the link directly above this post, but the page for the mix doesn't specifically identify all of the plants within, and I know what is in the Russian Mix. (Anyone know what is in that mix above, by the way?)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I haven't used their seed mix, but Joe is pretty passionate about what he does and I would assume that it is excellent. I have just planted some individual seeds I purchased from them in starter trays - Malabar Spinach and Albutilon. The Albutilon is just starting to come up so I'll let you know how it goes. I also planted some outside just to see what happens.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I almost bought some of that Malabar Spinach, but realized that I do not have very many spots in the yard with full sun and space yet. Might get it next time, if it grows well for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.