Would you say these are puffy eyes?

Kisobel

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
My tortoise still a little off but not sure if his eyes look puffy, only when closed but look alright when open.

Attachments

• IMG_6144.jpeg
    IMG_6144.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 1

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
They look puffy and it is sheltering. Please share setup, heat and particularly the lights, duration and bulbs as they can be a cause. I would turn of light asap to see if that helps whilst you get a solution. Warm shallow soaks in a high sided container in a room with natural light may help.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
They look puffy to me. Could you answer these questions?

Any other symptoms:
Does he close his eyes or blink often? Do they seem to bother him (rubbing the eyes)? Does he close his eyes in the soak water? Do the eyes seem watery?

Conditions:
What kind of bark are you using? What kind of heating and lighting bulbs do you have (what distance)? What is your humidity?

Kisobel

United Kingdom

Any other symptoms:
Does he close his eyes or blink often? Do they seem to bother him (rubbing the eyes)? Does he close his eyes in the soak water? Do the eyes seem watery?

Conditions:
What kind of bark are you using? What kind of heating and lighting bulbs do you have (what distance)? What is your humidity?

He doesn’t really have any bother in the bath, his eyes sometime look watery and I believe that’s when he is dehydrated.

I believe the problem is the UVB light, I can’t find the mounting brackets and I think it’s a few inches too close. I’ll get this sorted asap

Kisobel

United Kingdom

Any other symptoms:

Conditions:
I know all of my other stuff is correct as it has been verified many times, but I’m fairly sure that’s the issue.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I believe the problem is the UVB light, I can’t find the mounting brackets and I think it’s a few inches too close. I’ll get this sorted asap
Just to make sure that this is the case:
What brand is your UVB light? Is it a t5 or t8? What percentage of UVB does it emit? How close is it currently?

Kisobel

United Kingdom
Just to make sure that this is the case:
What brand is your UVB light? Is it a t5 or t8? What percentage of UVB does it emit? How close is it currently?

Arcadia - ProT5® UVB Desert - D3+ 12% UVB - 24 Watt - Includes Quality Electronics, Removable Reflector & A High Output T5 UVB Lamp - Easy to Fit & Use - Sleek Design”​

Is what it says on Amazon, Tom I believe was the one that told me to get this

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland

Arcadia - ProT5® UVB Desert - D3+ 12% UVB - 24 Watt - Includes Quality Electronics, Removable Reflector & A High Output T5 UVB Lamp - Easy to Fit & Use - Sleek Design”​

Is what it says on Amazon, Tom I believe was the one that told me to get this
Yep, this is quite powerful and usually has to be at about 40 to 60 cm of the ground. If yours is lower than this, I would definitely try lifting it.

How long do you have the lamp on per day?

Kisobel

United Kingdom
Yep, this is quite powerful and usually has to be at about 40 to 60 cm of the ground. If yours is lower than this, I would definitely try lifting it.

How long do you have the lamp on per day?
From 10 till 3