wound on shell

bleu

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Can such a wound be recovered?I need some ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_132455.jpg
    IMG_20220710_132455.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 3

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I see nothing wrong! I see a dry tortoise please ensure you soak in shallow water min 3 times a week in shallow warm water. Ensure calcium is provided in its diet in power form on the fresh leaves and flowers etc... also provide a cuttlefish bone available in pet shops as it will occasionally nibble on it and 8mpr9ve calcium for strong shellcand even growth. Water is also important provide in a shallow dish it can walk and sit in and refreshed am and pm daily.
Please read this care sheet and check your set up

bleu

Los Angeles
I see nothing wrong! I see a dry tortoise please ensure you soak in shallow water min 3 times a week in shallow warm water. Ensure calcium is provided in its diet in power form on the fresh leaves and flowers etc... also provide a cuttlefish bone available in pet shops as it will occasionally nibble on it and 8mpr9ve calcium for strong shellcand even growth. Water is also important provide in a shallow dish it can walk and sit in and refreshed am and pm daily.
Please read this care sheet and check your set up
Thanks for your reply!I soak my tortoise in water every two days. But my city is very hot recently, so the tortoise looks dry. My problem is that the cuticle here in the red circle fell off due to collision. I wonder if this could be recovered.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Check the enclosure and remove all objects hard enough to do this as it will happen again if they remain

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You saw the broken bit is from a “collision” ?

Anyhow, this isnt really a major issue….happens to lots of torts in the wild I’m sure.

Just make sure whatever it “collided” with is no longer around.