Y'all's opinions on pipe tobacco?

RayRay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central texas
I have been looking into them, after I heard the song "the cremation of Sam McGee" by Johnny Horton.
My parents are Mormons so it would I have to wait until I move out tho :(

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
Oh ok, I just like how the pipes look and it sounds relaxing to smoke pipes versus cigarettes :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
use the pipe without tobacco, bubbles perhaps?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
You can collect them woth out using them. Or use them on special ocations only. It's up to you tho. We all gotta die from something

Kyle

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
You don't have to inhale the smoke. I've done it many times in the past and just don't always inhale. Its really rough if you do.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
You don't have to inhale the smoke. I've done it many times in the past and just don't always inhale. Its really rough if you do.

Is it true that it has nowhere near the cancer rates as normal cigarette tobacco and that when not inhaled it drops it even further?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Smoking tobacco isn't great for your lungs. Cigarettes have filters to help prevent some of the nasties getting in your lungs but a pipe doesn't.

Smoke, but don't inhale? Nonsense. There are documented cases of lung cancer from passive smoking.

I agree, if you're not already a smoker then don't start now. Protect your health and use the money you'll save on something else.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
Smoking tobacco isn't great for your lungs. Cigarettes have filters to help prevent some of the nasties getting in your lungs but a pipe doesn't.

Smoke, but don't inhale? Nonsense. There are documented cases of lung cancer from passive smoking.

I agree, if you're not already a smoker then don't start now. Protect your health and use the money you'll save on something else.

There are filters for pipes but I think they mainly just cool down the smoke.

Pipe tobacco does not have all of the additives that cigarette tobacco has, it is normally just various strains of tobacco leaf.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
There are filters for pipes but I think they mainly just cool down the smoke.

Pipe tobacco does not have all of the additives that cigarette tobacco has, it is normally just various strains of tobacco leaf.
Still doesn't make the smoke good for your lungs.

Add up the dollars you'd save by not doing it!

Also does medical insurance cost more if you're a smoker? It does over here!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You can collect them woth out using them. Or use them on special ocations only. It's up to you tho. We all gotta die from something

Kyle
my dad died a slow painful death from lung cancer. true we all Gotta Die of something but I would not want anybody to go through that.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
my dad died a slow painful death from lung cancer. true we all Gotta Die of something but I would not want anybody to go through that.
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone either. Wouldn't want anyone to have to go through any type of cancer

Kyle

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Smoking is pretty much the least attractive (yet still somewhat socially acceptable) thing a man can do in my personal opinion.