Yellow foot 4 months old

Wendy Proulx

Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake VA
I received me yellow foot 6 days ago. He has been doing well, eating different foods moving around etc. today he hasn't eaten anything. Do I need to be worried? How long can they go without eating?

Last edited:

richosullivan

5 Year Member
Orlando
I think a lot of unknowns to really tell. Is he indoors or outdoors, does he get good heat/have an area he can lay under and get some good higher temps?

Is he getting warm soaks? do you have any photo's of your enclosure?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Wendy.
Can you give us the specifics and photos so that we can help?
What type of enclosure are you using? What type of heating and lighting? What is the temperature and humidity and how are you measuring them? What are you feeding? ETC.
An otherwise healthy Yellow foot can go weeks without eating. But it isn't normal for them to not eat all of a sudden.

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
I have a 40 gallon aquarium with a screen lid. I have 3 lights, one 100 watt UVB, one 100 watt heat, and one 100 watt red heat lamp to keep the tank warm at night. The hot end is about 92 degrees during the day with the cooler end being 80. At night the tank is at a steady 80. The humidity runs around 45-50. I have cypress much with some soil and moss along with live clover the pants. I mist the plants and moss daily to keep the humidity stable. He has a wooden log to hid in and a water source. He gets warm soaks every morning before breakfast, and recently has been trying to climb out of them. He diet consists of fruits and veggies (nothing off the Cruciferous list!!!) and weeds. I will try to get a pic later. Thanks for any and all help

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Wendy Proulx and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Tots do not like change, therefore they take time to adapt to it. Don't worry! Is it warm enough?

Please post pics of your tort and his enclosure.