Yellow Foot Shell Growth ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I see him everyday and did not notice until today, the way his shell is growing, I noticed the growth lines, but not that they weren't consistent. Is he growing to fast, to dry, or is this sometimes normal? My female is kept the same way and fed the same foods(when inside they are separated) and the shell is normal. The pic with the blue back ground was taken Jan 12 of this year ,the other pic was taken this morning.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks normal to me. My little yellow foots do the same. They show white growth between acutes then they will darken up. Usually it's just dirt debris that colors the growth.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I have had a couple of leopards that had this and mazuri got them growing again. I thought it might be caused by something lacking in the diet

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, that's a lot of new growth.

I'm thinking that painting between those scutes that seem to be stuck together with a Q-tip dipped in mineral oil, and giving it a good rub, might break them apart and make them grow. Just a guess.

My biggest Manouria grew like that. I'll go get a picture so you can see what I mean.

The space between the marginals and the next line of scutes above them is about an inch wide, while the space on the opposite side that you can't see, is negligible.
05-01-12.jpg

She's wild caught, so there was no one handy to help her scutes split apart. ;)

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Individual differences. I would not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.