yellow poo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adipadi

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
MY HERMANNS TORTOISE HAS DONE A YELLOW SLIGHTLY LIQUIDY POO! IS THIS REALLY BAD! IT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF RED BUT I THINK THAT MIGHT BE A BIT OF RED PEPPER WE FED HIM IT DOES LOOK LIKE IT CONTAINS UNDIGESTED FOOD! HELP PLEASE!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
What have you been feeding your Hermanns?

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi adipadi, first thing don't panic. Lets get some questions asked & answered. What have you been feeding your tort for the past few days. When was the last time he had a normal poo and what is a normal poo for this tort. Do you have more than one tort? If so did they all eat the same thing and only this one has yellow poo? Have you soaked him/her recently?

adipadi

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Hi adipadi, first thing don't panic. Lets get some questions asked & answered. What have you been feeding your tort for the past few days. When was the last time he had a normal poo and what is a normal poo for this tort. Do you have more than one tort? If so did they all eat the same thing and only this one has yellow poo? Have you soaked him/her recently?

He eates mostly dandilions and chineese leaf lettuce with the occasional strawberry or grape. He last had noraml poo about two days ago it was brown firm and quite fibourousy. I only have one tort and i soak him about once every two or three days.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds to me like urates. Tortoises hold onto their urine because of the drought conditions they live under (in the wild). So when they finally do pass it, all it contains is the chemicals left over after the water has been absorbed back into the body. And these are called urates. You tortoise's urates are yellow because he's been eating dandelions. This is nothing to worry about. Every desert tortoise does it.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.