Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
KimandKarasi said:
Vishnu2 said:
What kinds do you have? What if a Sulcata chose you but you lived in an apartment? ;)

I had that problem in a way, lol! I saved a sulcata from a saddening environment at a pet store that didn't give a ratsass about what they sold so long as they made profit. I saw her sleeping there in a tank with NO substrate, her little arms and legs hanging out from the light being too close were it was too hot and there was no hide for them in there.. I had to have her at that moment! Lol, now I have taken over my parents backyard and am in the process of making her a fantastically large environment for her! Lol! (they weren't using the space ;) haha!) Also last week I got a one month old leopard tortoise! Everything about that little guy I'm in love with. The way he eats, sleeps, walks, even poops! Haha! (my chinchilla had bigger turds than that! I couldn't help but "aww!" when he made his first bowel movement :D crazy, I know! XD) He definitely chose me, in an odd way, as if it was meant to be. I had come across someone selling leopards on this site, and after some frustrations with technical difficulties she sent him my way! Only when I saw the picture it wasn't the one I had picked out! Lol! But really it had to have been fate, because this little guy has brought nothing but joy the entire time. I'm freaking out like a new mommy over him, and have transformed my room into a tortoise paradise science experiment just to make sure he has everything he could ever need. :) when you really love your tort, you don't mind the sacrifices you have to make, and actually dont see them as sacrifices at all! ;) I have been bitten by the tort-bug! Lol! They are like family to me!

:)

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
I was in a way born to love tortoises. My dad owns two large paired Sulcatas. I have always been into reptiles and have had and still have ones I was around all my life! ( My Pacman frog is almost older than me!)

My Russian is my little buddy, he is and always will be my favorite tort. I had to, in a way, choose him because the care he was in at the store. "With every Russian Tortoise you buy, you receive a free large bag of crickets!" the lady told me... I knowing the proper care for the tortoise, was in shock of this and had to "rescue" him... :p I was not going to let some person buy him and have no knowledge of how to care for them and to listen to the lady at the petstore... I was in luck because he was so young and tiny and very healthy besides his week of pure protein... yuck.

I love all tortoises and could not really pick a species other than sulcatas and Russians, for the fact that they are the only ones I have kept. I can say I want another one... And to possibly get another russian. They are the best for me and for what I would want out of a life long pal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.