Zombensis has made contact

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I finally introduced a recently acquired male zombensis to the very LTC(30 years or so) female I have. Was quite scary to begin with. She is a very large specimen. Last values were calculated at 9.8" SCL 11 lbs. male is 788 grams and 6.3" SCL. The female is very very dominate/territorial. Which strengthens the curiosity of this species to me. A few colleagues of mine that have seem and shortly observed zombensis in the wild have noticed the females only active at dusk/dawn and when humidity has elevated(typically after a dew or rain storm). Well anyways. I didn't snap a photo because i didn't have my phone or camera. But I did indeed see connection. Now the wait for fertile ova or not. Was even more impressive seeing this than elegans. I will get a pic of the two side by side later to show. The first few days she rammed and established her dominance, but the male finally came through and showed her he meant procreative business.

The female.
image.jpg

The male
image.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
He's pretty! So different looking...
He is a beaut. Classic zombensis for sure. She is somewhat deformed from previous care of her life. Was fed dog foods, and not taken care of properly. But was an original petco purchase way back in the day. Will be very excited to hatch this species out for sure.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
He likes them big girls ;)

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)