ZooMed Day/Night Timer Issue

J

Jillian Fricke

Pardon me if this is idiocy on my part, but I just purchased the ZooMed Day/Night Timer, and my lamp will NOT plug into the top socket. As you can see in the picture, it looks as if something gold in the socket slots is creating a blockage. My second lamp fits just fine into the bottom socket. Did I just buy a broken one?

Attachments

• 1472495285237.jpg
    1472495285237.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Can you stick anything in the slit of the 'blockage'? I'd try a small screwdriver, might just be too tight. Unplugged, of course.

Unless you like to live dangerously. ;)

Marinated mamma

South east uk
Yeah I agree not about the living dangerously bit ha! but I'd use a strong plastic implement as I'm a chicken and most definitely unplugged

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
If you bought it online it might be difficult to return it. If you bought it in a store, take it back and look at other in the package, and see if they are the same or different. Seek an exchange.

Even if you did buy it online, and it seems defective, you can buy a second one at a local store, then return the online purchase one under the receipt of the store bought one. Then you still only have one that should be operative. Not an illegal process as dicey as it may sound. ZooMed has pretty good direct contact customer service as well.

You should not have to fool with brand new things at all.

J

Jillian Fricke

If you bought it online it might be difficult to return it. If you bought it in a store, take it back and look at other in the package, and see if they are the same or different. Seek an exchange.

Even if you did buy it online, and it seems defective, you can buy a second one at a local store, then return the online purchase one under the receipt of the store bought one. Then you still only have one that should be operative. Not an illegal process as dicey as it may sound. ZooMed has pretty good direct contact customer service as well.

You should not have to fool with brand new things at all.
Yeah I agree not about the living dangerously bit ha! but I'd use a strong plastic implement as I'm a chicken and most definitely unplugged
Can you stick anything in the slit of the 'blockage'? I'd try a small screwdriver, might just be too tight. Unplugged, of course.

Unless you like to live dangerously. ;)

Thank you all! I have opted to simply exchange it for a new one at the pet store, as opposed to "living dangerously." ;)