20 gallon open top tank lighting

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Op I can only apologise I missed the type of wood it was, I’m advising multiple members a day now so it’s easier for me to overlook some details😣

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If op has possibly already bought this one(sorry we didn’t notice the material it was made of) would lining it with pond liner so the tortoise has zero contact with the wood be ok? Obviously ideally if it we were me I’d try and cancel the order and buy something else, but I don’t want op to feel defeated☹️
I understand if in good conscious you can’t recommend going ahead though
In theory, completely 100% covering it with a waterproof cover should prevent fumes, but in practice there is no way to guarantee that. This is especially important because the OP is going to be putting it in a greenhouse tent which will contain all the toxic fumes. Nothing will make a person feel more defeated than putting their tortoise into an enclosure that kills it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's fungus.
I can't tell if it's new or old and healing. But put some Athletes foot cream on there and keep him dryer for a few days to a week.
Usually one application kills the fungus. But the healing takes months.
BTW the super cheap cream is just as effective as the high dollar stuff. I get mine at DOLLAR GENERAL.
Your temperature needs to be between 80 and 88. If you want it perfect, in my opinion it is 82 to 84 degrees.
70 will cause issues if it's allowed to go on for an extended period.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It's fungus.
I can't tell if it's new or old and healing. But put some Athletes foot cream on there and keep him dryer for a few days to a week.
BTW the super cheap cream is just as effective as the high dollar stuff. I get mine at DOLLAR GENERAL.
Your temperature needs to be between 80 and 88. If you want it perfect, in my opinion it is 82 to 84 degrees.
Wrong thread I think...

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
In theory, completely 100% covering it with a waterproof cover should prevent fumes, but in practice there is no way to guarantee that. This is especially important because the OP is going to be putting it in a greenhouse tent which will contain all the toxic fumes. Nothing will make a person feel more defeated than putting their tortoise into an enclosure that kills it.
completely understand where you’re coming from, I don’t disagree, hopefully op works something out🙏🏻
It's fungus.
also yes this was the wrong thread