Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey Guys, Next Year I Am Moving Up North From So., Im Moving Near
san luis obispo! My Grandpa and I Are Moving After I Graduate High
School In June, Im Kinna Sad Because I Grew Up here In Whittier All My Life, I Have Thousands of Friends here, Also My Girlfriend!
I plan On Going Up There and Going to College and Saving Money While Working A Job!

Anyways, All The Properties We Have Been Looking At Are Nice and Alot Cheaper Then We Live Now, We Are Gunna Get A House With Around 10-20
Acres Of Land!
So I am Gunna Build A Huge Tortoise Outdoor Enclosure For My Little One, I Plan On Ordering Sulcatta Seed, Grasses, Dandelions, Hisbuisics and Other Edible Items For My Little One Tp Graze On! I am Gunna Put A Pound and A Couple Of Hidding Logs With A Small Borrow In There :)

johnnysd

5 Year Member
good luck and best wishes...you will love SLO. when i was going to school at UCSB i would drive up there all the time. people are warm and friendly. beautiful scenery and small town feel to it. clean air and open space unlike the rat race of so Cal

M

Maggie Cummings

SLO is a great place to live, you will love it and the weather is good for your tortoise...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thanks Everyone, Where We Are Planning To Move All The Houses Are Spaced Apart Within 20 Acres Of Each other!
My Grandpa Wants Some Peace & Quietness Since He Retired Last Year!

The City Or Town Is About 10 Minutes Away & The College i Plan To Attend it About 30 Minutes Away!

So With All My Spare Time I Plan To Work, Help My Gpa Out With Things, Tend to My Tortoises Needs
and Go Running Or Biking Daily About 5-10 Miles :)

johnnysd

5 Year Member
man what i wouldn't pay to be a teenager again. enjoy your youth youngster because it goes by a lot faster than you know it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey at least you'll still have TFO when you go. :)

Where ever I go in the country or the world, I still have my tortoise friends with me.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Wow Jacob, that's sounds awesome. SLO is very pricey, so I can only imagine where you are living. That's exactly where our family could live if we could afford it. I guess it's all relative, but you won't catch me able to live there on a teacher's salary or even a Captain with the fire dept. We go there yearly as a family tradition for vacation and look at living expenses, but it's a fortune. Although I would love to move, it's too hard as you get older. When you have three kids and are settled with job security, it's hard to start over somewhere. Most of the fire depts don't do lateral transfers and my husband has too high of seniority to start over and be the boot. Anyways, didn't mean to take over your thread and ramble on. I would love to see pictures next year when you guys get your place!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sounds like you will have a lot to do on all that land...good luck..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your grampa is lucky to have you to help him set up a new place. Be sure to take lots of pictures.

And your girlfriend can always come up and visit you. The freeways are pretty fast.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes thanks guys!
I plan on visiting every couple of months or so
I have so many friends out here but i will take pictures as soon as i get there
I will still have all of my tfo frends along with facebook
Friends! I guess it kinna a fresh start!
I will be asking some questions later about a toirtise enclosure
And etc once im there :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
You don't graduate until next year right? I think that will be a great place to live and go to collage. You are so lucky to have you futrue in front of you. You can do or be anything at this point. The sky is the limit! Find something you love and learn it well. Sorry if this is harsh, but you will probably have a lot of girlfriends before you finish collage and settle down. The good news is you can take all your TFO friends with you on your computer :)

You don't graduate until next year right? I think that will be a great place to live and go to collage. You are so lucky to have you futrue in front of you. You can do or be anything at this point. The sky is the limit! Find something you love and learn it well. Sorry if this is harsh, but you will probably have a lot of girlfriends before you finish collage and settle down. The good news is you can take all your TFO friends with you on your computer :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I looked up SLO because I have never heard of it and one of the link's called it "the happiest place in America". I thought that might make you feel better:D. You seem like a very adaptable person and have already started pointing out the positives so I think you'll do fine wherever you are. Best of luck!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
No, I Graduate This Year
Next Month In June, Sorry If I Didn't Clarify right

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i think that frown will be turned into a smile...
its scary to move and leave friends behind... but where you are going..
not a bad trade!! and sounds like you will ahve room for visitors...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes, Alot Of People Go Or Visit For Vacation, But Im Moving About Ten Minutes Before SLO,
I dont Know How To Say Or Spell The City etc, But I Will Keep You Guys Posted On Everything
Once It Gets More Familiar :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
If it's any comfort Jacob...SLO is a zillion times better than Whittier! And you're only about 10 miles north of Pismo Beach...the BEST natural desert on the entire coastline!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes, Well Im Looking Forward To Go Dirt Bike Riding UP There Too
Probably Even On My Own Property!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I probably thought you would graduate next year because my 17 year old son is graduating next year. A few of my husbands friends moved from Camarillo to SLI to go to school. From what I remember them saying I believe it is a fun place for collage age kids. I think you grandpa is making a good move for both of you.

I probably thought you would graduate next year because my 17 year old son is graduating next year. A few of my husbands friends moved from Camarillo to SLI to go to school. From what I remember them saying I believe it is a fun place for collage age kids. I think you grandpa is making a good move for both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.