3tbt catching some rays...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He's very pretty. It looks like the ends are lower, but he has to take the hard way.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Does that beak look slightly overgrown? A mm or so?
I have got him chewing on eggshells, cuttlebone, and chicken bones. I'm nervous about trying to trim his beak.
He is crunching eggshell as i type.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
What a pretty little animal!!! I think this much of the beak overgrowth he should be able to scape down on cuttle bone and eating his daily food off hard/rough surface

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Rorg2.15.18.jpg

Here he is again. He was doing the same thing for a long time again today.

I don't even mess with UV bulbs anymore. Since i live in the South, i just use 7.5W incandescents and take them out to soak on mild days.
Today is quite warm, 72 in the shade and toasty in the sun. Last night was mild, too, so the water is not bad.
Both turtles have been in the tanks all day and not seeming to mind it at all. Sometimes floating and sometimes sitting. But the water level is slightly above the blocks, so they still are wet on the bottom when they sit.

Felter2.15.18.jpg

Felter is giving me that "Don't you dare take me away from this yet" look.
Incidentally, note how wonky his shell is. The right half is significantly taller than the left.
Also he has 2 scutes loosening. These are the same ones that were chipped when i found him:

Felter6.15.16.jpg

(Pic from 6/15/15) Those chips healed right up within a few months, but now the same scutes are coming loose.