72F yesterday....

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
and I finally saw Matilda out and about. She had been in the water and was staring longingly at the opening in her rear wall..... :(

I offered her food but didn't see if she ate or not....kinda cool out for food but I leave it up to her if she wants to eat. This morning it was 49F....hope she likes the extra bed of leaves she found when she went back to where she digs in for the night.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
and I finally saw Matilda out and about. She had been in the water and was staring longingly at the opening in her rear wall..... :(

I offered her food but didn't see if she ate or not....kinda cool out for food but I leave it up to her if she wants to eat. This morning it was 49F....hope she likes the extra bed of leaves she found when she went back to where she digs in for the night.
Yeah, everyone here has stopped eating. We're in the low 80's upper 70's during the day and 50's at night. All of my box turtles are either submerged in their pond or under structure. My russian torts have gone underground. I've been piling leaves in the enclosures as they fall to get ready for winter. I would hurt my upper back weight lifting a few weeks ago it's been a slow process🤣. Always stretch I guess.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yep, upper 40's low 50's at night upper 50's to mid 60's during the day. This weekend our normal temps, low to mid 70's will be back. This is way too early for these low temps. Crazy weather getting crazier each year.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Yep, upper 40's low 50's at night upper 50's to mid 60's during the day. This weekend our normal temps, low to mid 70's will be back. This is way too early for these low temps. Crazy weather getting crazier each year.
That's what I said. I'd usually be preparing things around Halloween. My beardie has been outside during the summer so I've been pulling her in the evening. Time to get the indoor enclosure fired up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's what I said. I'd usually be preparing things around Halloween. My beardie has been outside during the summer so I've been pulling her in the evening. Time to get the indoor enclosure fired up.
Yep, having to get ready for winter a month early. Fall is always the busiest time, preparing everyone and everything for winter. Then to have these cold temps so early just isn't right!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You know, I thought maybe it was the lack of rain but my trees are dropping leaves early too it seems. I secretly think that I go through this "thought process" each Fall....lol...just being honest.
I have those little robot mowers so I hear every leaf if I'm outside(think hand in garbage disposal kind of sound). If it's a batch of leaves, it will speed into turbo mode and grind the ....out of them.

I want to do some final prep on her home before winter...mainly dig up and delete the pond and re-install her little tub. The pond has a black plastic liner and it evaporates at an insane rate because I built it incorrectly. It's spread way out with lots of plastic surface facing up....instead of being a smaller but deeper footprint. Her old tub will be perfect for her....she can drink and soak without her Master whirlpool taking up her entire efficiency.....well, that's what she has right?