a conversation we all need to have I had with a friend the other day

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I'm only 21, so this isn't a huge thought in my head, but i'm not naïve I know unpredictable things can happen. I don't have a specific forum member I'd plan to get Nank to, but it would be someone on the forum, preferably with lots of space and Russians already, Definitely someone who's around a lot that I talk to, lol I know @AbdullaAli once jokingly said he'd take Nank, and minus the fact that it would be a huge process to get him over there but I'd know he'd be in some of the best care if he was wanted.

Prairie Mom

I love that @turtlemanfla88 posted this question. It's something that I've thought a lot about. We have a lot of animals in our home. We took in this sweet cat "Lucy" after an elderly neighbor passed away. When her children cleaned out her house to turn it into a rental unit, they simply KICKED THE CAT OUT! It was the middle of January, she's a declawed indoor cat, and was not doing well. Our neighbor truly loved this cat when she was alive. I can't believe how disrespectful and inconsiderate her children are!
small lucy.jpg

My husband and I have made an arrangement with my sisters that we would take in each other's pets in the event that my husband and I both pass away. Both of my sisters are excellent animal keepers. Although they do not have experience with tortoises, I completely trust that they would study their care and give it 100%.

As far as my sulcata...We have already spoken with our 4 children and discussed that they would need to take over care once we become a certain age. My husband and I intend to look into the legal requirements to place a fund in our will for the care of our animals.
small mavis pumpkin chloe.jpg
This daughter regularly talks about taking care of our sulcata when I'm a Grandma:) I honestly, think she will do it. She has an incredibly strong sense of empathy for animals and cares for our pets better than most adults I see.

turtlemanfla88

Thanks for the input I just wanted to throw that out there. i am not trying to talk anyone out of getting a turtle or tortoise.
No I am not dying as far as i know. Hey I was looking around at book collection and also will have to figure what to do with these books a lot will go to my children.

Mommabear

Location (City and/or State)
Ventura Co. CA
Great thread. When they do the pet adoptions on t.v. it makes me so sad when I see the sad and confused (usually older) dog or cat whose owner has passed.

We set a specific dollar amount with "all current pets" as beneficiaries. We also stipulated it was to be used for feeding and care, etc. If my son is unable to take care of them I requested my vet re-home them in the same lifestyle and loving home. I trust him.

Not the best solution and I plan on being here a long time. Otherwise I will haunt anyone until they wished it was them in the ground and not me :p.