A rare sight!

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
What is it and what part of the is it from ?
That is my dragon goby or also known as a violet goby named Shenron lol
They are found on the Atlantic coast of North and South America ?
He is currently a foot long and growing. He mainly comes out at night so I don't usually get to see him but maybe a flash of his tail.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
The Atlantic coast...so he's in salt water? How big is that tank, and does he play nice with tankmates? He is a fearsome looking beast! :) ?
Well, hes found in fresh, brackish and salt a little bit from what I've read atleast. He does really well with all his tank mates. He wont hunt them, but he suctions his food in so anything teenie he might eat on accident, so he keeps our booming shrimp population somewhat under control by eating some of the babies while he sucks his blood worms down lol. But we bought the ghost shrimp specifically for him to eat and clean up the tank in between, but they are like bunnies lol

He's in a brackish water 65 gallon tank. At some point in the future he will need to get a larger tank, but hes got a good while before he needs it and I have a 100 gallon in storage waiting to swap them all over one day ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well, hes found in fresh, brackish and salt a little bit from what I've read atleast. He does really well with all his tank mates. He wont hunt them, but he suctions his food in so anything teenie he might eat on accident, so he keeps our booming shrimp population somewhat under control by eating some of the babies while he sucks his blood worms down lol. But we bought the ghost shrimp specifically for him to eat and clean up the tank in between, but they are like bunnies lol

He's in a brackish water 65 gallon tank. At some point in the future he will need to get a larger tank, but hes got a good while before he needs it and I have a 100 gallon in storage waiting to swap them all over one day ?
Too cool...I thought he was an eel...

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Too cool...I thought he was an eel...
He definitely looks and sometimes acts like one lol. Its really fun though because he kind of walks too. He has a fin underneath him that i call his kickstand and he will use it to slowly creep around when he thinks no one is watching. He also perches himself up with it. He's just a cool dude. Idk if he's actually a male, but thats what I've decided lol