adult female rhino iguana for baby aldabra

Status
Not open for further replies.

argus333

5 Year Member
i have a adult female rhino iguana that is as tame as they come! has done kid shows at schools has never ever bitten in her whole life she is six yrs old. has laid infertile eggs last 2 yrs in row. will trade for small baby aldabra tortoise. tame as they come!

Attachments

• DSCN0147.jpg
    DSCN0147.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0605.jpg
    DSCN0605.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN0812.jpg
    DSCN0812.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 179

Clementine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern, USA
Agreed. She looks like a lovely iguana but they are extremely common - one of the shelters I volunteer at has very large, very tame iguanas with adoption fees around $45. They are awesome animals. She is definitely trade worthy, but not for an Aldabra. Thats kinda like asking to trade a 85' Honda civic for a Lamborghini.

argus333

5 Year Member
cyclura cornata aka. rhino iguanas are not $45. if they are ill take a 100! adult females are not even $400. check king snake right now pair for $1600! if your gonna make posts u should know your species before u type!

also tucan jungle right now on site has small albabra $950...

PALOALTO

5 Year Member
Bay area, California
argus333 said:
cyclura cornata aka. rhino iguanas are not $45. if they are ill take a 100! adult females are not even $400. check king snake right now pair for $1600! if your gonna make posts u should know your species before u type!

Not to be a dxxxe....but: http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/iguanas/rhinoceros-iguana-for-sale.html

That clearly says cyclura cornata, and their price is 300 bucks...
or this one, for even cheaper: http://www.herpnut.com/page.php?page=iguanadetail&id=1

Maybe aim for a Sulcata, bro

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
argus333 said:

That's because they import so many of them, and don't really have the room for them to stay too long. They also arent really kept the best. they usually start pyramiding before you get them. Not the worst, but not the best either. Most of the time, if you can find a good breeder of them, like our own ALDABRAMAN, they are 2000 and up. No, you don't have a fair trade that anyone would consider, unless they had a sick tort or one they just don't want anymore and even then they ask way too much. Go for a larger sulcata or a leopard. Good luck anyway.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Argus,
I think you need to be aware of the amount of scams in this world. Having done a lot of business in the "animal world" I can tell you 70% of what you find on the internet is a scam. Those outlandishly cheap aldabras you came up with were either diseased or it was a scam...From any reputable breeder that someone would actually buy from, they run 1800 and up. Rhino iguanas usually sell for around $600(at the high end of the scale, for females) individually; pairs are a different story, as in any species.
Your asking for an unfair trade; this is what folks here are kindly trying to inform you of.
But this is a classifieds section, so I think we only need to be posting if we have an offer to make him.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
You can find inflated prices for all different type of Reptiles, but every Adult Rhino I've ever acquired was $500 or under. Of course I have a few people a week trying to sell me their $1000 adults that they've been trying to sell for the past 8 months......It just comes with the territory......

There is no such thing as an "old" or "retired" Female Rhino though......They will produce viable clutches untill the day they die.......Some of the Adults that were collected in the 80's are still producing today......

On another note, if you are interested in other species I would be willing to see if we could work something out......

131_zpsc948807b.jpg

argus333

5 Year Member
is it a long shot? ya but if someone wanted to trade why would it matter to any of u? if someone wanted to trade a bentley for a ford focus whats the big deal? sold her today $1200 on craigs list no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.