Advice needed. I feel like a failure.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Riann at Underground Reptiles and I were once good friends.
I've known him since he rented a warehouse and called his business "Box of snakes".
He has never cared much for his animals. Just the money. And he's done many unethical things. Even been caught and fined several times. The last time I saw him he was selling small RF tortoises raised on dry rabbit pellets. The animals were so dry, they had dusty shells and eyes crusted shut.
Its entirely possible that your tortoise would not have survived no matter what you did or didn't do. Simply because they were started incorrectly.
Worst part is that he won't listen to any advise or help.
I have tried to discourage people from buying his reptiles.

drew54

Indiana
Riann at Underground Reptiles and I were once good friends.
I've known him since he rented a warehouse and called his business "Box of snakes".
He has never cared much for his animals. Just the money. And he's done many unethical things. Even been caught and fined several times. The last time I saw him he was selling small RF tortoises raised on dry rabbit pellets. The animals were so dry, they had dusty shells and eyes crusted shut.
Its entirely possible that your tortoise would not have survived no matter what you did or didn't do. Simply because they were started incorrectly.
Worst part is that he won't listen to any advise or help.
I have tried to discourage people from buying his reptiles.

That's very sad to hear. How long has he been in business?

drew54

Indiana
At least the 30 years that I've known him.
He's very charismatic and people like him. He's otherwise a good guy

You would think that if you produced healthy animals to your customers you would make more money and build a better reputation for yourself and your business. Well, hopefully one day all these pet store care issues will get better. Hopefully.