Advice on inherited Tortoise Table

turtleboyleo

Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, UK
Hi all.

Any advice on layout of pictured tortoise table would be appreciated.

We have a 5 year old male Horsefield's who has been sleeping a lot recently. Sleeps in a dark area though that little archway. Substrate is orchid bark.

Dimensions are approx 3 foot x 6 foot.

His table is next to a window that gets full sun in afternoon, although we live in Northern Scotland and so sun isn't always out.

Bulb is a 125W MVB and there's an Arcadia UVB strip light in cross member, too. I've measured temp to be approx 90 degrees farenheit beneath bulb at Shell height.

He is bathed approx twice a week and always produces lots of nice poops and urates (not gritty).

Thanks in advance. Want to make things as comfortable as we can for our little pal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240718-112204.png
    Screenshot_20240718-112204.png
    917.3 KB · Views: 1

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I would recommend that you replace the MVB with a incandescent flood bulb. What size is your tortoise? (the length of plastron from head to tail). he will need a bigger enclosure soon, if not already.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello again🥰

If you could refer to your other thread, I’ve included a bunch of information you’ll hopefully find helpful on the set up. I can paste it here too if you like🙂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
You’re definitely on the right track btw! Always lovely to see😁I’m reading you already have the Arcadia light, is it the 12% pro t5 kit by any chance? That’s the one we use😊

turtleboyleo

Aberdeen, UK
You’re definitely on the right track btw! Always lovely to see😁I’m reading you already have the Arcadia light, is it the 12% pro t5 kit by any chance? That’s the one we use😊
Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot. We originally took him in for my 2 year old and 5 year old girls but he's stolen my heart and is definitely my pet now. 😍 I think the Arcadia light is the one you mention. I'm working away just now so can't check. But thanks again.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot. We originally took him in for my 2 year old and 5 year old girls but he's stolen my heart and is definitely my pet now. 😍 I think the Arcadia light is the one you mention. I'm working away just now so can't check. But thanks again.
No worries, any further questions about anything, ask any time😊