The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
To over winter your tortoise, you need to get a CHE to keep the temps up and provide proper UVB and ambient lighting. If there isn't enough heat or light they might sometimes try to brumate on their own which you wan to prevent.

Cicciof

Torino

Cicciof

Torino
To over winter your tortoise, you need to get a CHE to keep the temps up and provide proper UVB and ambient lighting. If there isn't enough heat or light they might sometimes try to brumate on their own which you wan to prevent.
what temps are we talkin about? like till when i can avoid using che?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
what temps are we talkin about? like till when i can avoid using che?
For Testudo babies you need around 19-21C at night. Just set a thermostat to 21C and forget about it :)

When in doubt in can always check this care sheet: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

Switching CHE on and off by hands is not a good idea and a thermostat will pay for itself with reduced electricity bills. I would also consider adding a cheap insulation (like 3-4cm polystyrene boards).

Cicciof

Torino
For Testudo babies you need around 19-21C at night. Just set a thermostat to 21C and forget about it :)

When in doubt in can always check this care sheet: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

Switching CHE on and off by hands is not a good idea and a thermostat will pay for itself with reduced electricity bills. I would also consider adding a cheap insulation (like 3-4cm polystyrene boards).
so ill keep an eye on what my home temperatures are, if it dropd below 20 ill add a CHE. But i doubd because i have a radiador in each room. ill' see. thanks