All women must wear make-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I wpild look at it as a business desicion. more attractive women, would probably get bigger tips. I don't think it is right to have one set of rules for men and one for women. But look at the military male recruits have to get there hair cut, but female recruits do not. Does that sound fair?

MissLaw

5 Year Member
I’ve been practicing law for 20 plus years and even I know better to debate Constitutional Law with the man known by District Attorneys in the State of California as the pit bull.

Love Ya!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Jacqui said:
To me, a major issue is the dress code changed WHILE she was already working there. If it had been in place before she was hired and she then took the job knowing she needed maqkeup, that I could see as a reason she could be terminated. I for one, have never worn makeup and think requiring it is a violation of my rights, unless ALL employees must also wear it.

Of course, I wish these job place rights also included rights of folks that are fat like me. My boss is making me take a sleep apnea test that I see no need for and is not required by DOT for my job. The company does not pay for the test. Only people of a certain BMI are being forced to do the testing.

That is just wrong and I'd fight it every step of the way. What company do you work for and don't you have a union to back you up?

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
MissLaw said:
I’ve been practicing law for 20 plus years and even I know better to debate Constitutional Law with the man known by District Attorneys in the State of California as the pit bull.

Love Ya!

Nemesis! it’s about time you showed up. I’ve been considering getting a pit bull tatoo on my left shoulder. :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey! You leave our Pit Bull alone! He saved one of our members from a fate almost worse than death with a turtle experience, and in the process taught all of us a valuable lesson about buying turtles and tortoises online! :D

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I think it is not ok to force someone to wear make up and do her hair a certain way. You can ask an employe to be clean but not to wear make up, it is just not right. It is like saying, you do not look good enough without your makeup. Intersting case Rich!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Candy said:
Jacqui said:
Of course, I wish these job place rights also included rights of folks that are fat like me. My boss is making me take a sleep apnea test that I see no need for and is not required by DOT for my job. The company does not pay for the test. Only people of a certain BMI are being forced to do the testing.

That is just wrong and I'd fight it every step of the way. What company do you work for and don't you have a union to back you up?

The company is PRIME, Inc., it's an OTR truck driving company. Meanwhile, until it all get straightened out, I also can't be paid for my year end bonus or my year of vacation...even tho they happened while I was out on time off and still under my old physical. Asl since then my husband got paid for a trip we had done together a month earlier, but my pay did not happen. No pay until I get all done with everything with the sleep apnea test.

Y

YnaMarie16

Why you don't need to AMEND the Constitution except for that in order to extend protections to women against employment discrimination?

A

Andrea25

We don't really need to AMEND the Constitution in order to extend protections to women against employment discrimination. We just only need to enforce the laws that are on the books. Just always remember this, "Law is a Law and no one can destroy it."

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Is this another spam? Not sure if this is what Yvonne was warning us about or not. Not to click on the signature.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Mmmm, not sure about the spam but i found this thread interesting to read.

In the UK, i once had a job for a company which, when i started had only 8 shops and now has over 50. Anyways, when i signed my contract there were no rules of uniform only that we wern't supposed to weat t-shirts and hoodies of other companies with big logos on (think GAP hoodies). So i carried on working for this company while i was doing my a -levels and later at university - about 5 years. By this time they had updated the new contract, but old members didnt have to sign a new one. I worked a couple of shifts when i was 7 months pregnant and home for the christmas holiday. During this time, an area manager visited and i was 'reprimanded' for not wearing black trousers, but very dark grey ones. The area manager came back again knowing i was working to see if i had changed my trousers and i hadn't. There were many reasons for this - the main reason being that i only had grey or brown maternity trousers or jeans and i wasen't going to go and spend £30 on a new pair when i was only working a couple of days. We have no uniform allowance and the old trousers simply didn't fit. Anyway, for some reason this area manager had a huge bee in his bonnet and took this to the head office, who then got a bee in thier bonnet. In the end, I had them over a barrel because i had signed no contract saying i had to wear any kind of uniform and it was them who had changed thier policy. Reluctantly they apologied. And the irony, they then said the dark grey trousers were fine....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, Candy...a spammer. You'll notice that the post ahead of this one by Ynamarie16 (who was banned and is now no longer in the memberlist) was word-for-word what Andrea25 posted. They must have done a web search to fit the reply they had handy!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
correct me if I am wrong but the UK does not have a constitution.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
emysemys said:
Yes, Candy...a spammer. You'll notice that the post ahead of this one by Ynamarie16 (who was banned and is now no longer in the memberlist) was word-for-word what Andrea25 posted. They must have done a web search to fit the reply they had handy!

And the best irony of all...their quote about respecting the law!!

Haha! That's a good one.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.