Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Hi Everyone,

In the past couple day’s, we have received a handful of Turtles and Tortoises that are in need of new homes. Some are perfect and some are not.

I have currently 5 Sulcata’s that are in need of a good home. These guys have lived a neglected life. They have been housed indoors in a shed and need a lot of TLC. I will be giving them an exam tonight to measure exactly the lengths and clean them up. They do have some shell deformities and pyramiding. I am pretty certain that sexing these guys is going to be difficult as their shells are not in the best of conditions. I have two more that are due to land at my house on Friday. There is no info on them other than they are about 15-20”. The 5 that I have currently fall in the same range of size, 15” – 20” in length.

I have currently two male Russian Tortoises in perfect condition. I have another two that have shell deformities. They are also male. If you have males, you don’t want these guys. They are aggressive. I have reserved space for another 15 Russians coming in this weekend. No known info on them as well. Most are believed to be male.

I have reserved a spot for 30 Hatchling Red Ear Sliders coming in tomorrow evening and some adults as well. Must have suitable housing for the hatchlings and at least 100gallon or more pond or tank for the adults.

I have some Box turtles that have arrived that need lots of TLC and more coming in on the weekend. Some have shell rot and will need treatment. Others are really over weight and need a good diet.

I should have about 10 Softball sized Desert Tortoises coming on October 19th.

If you are interested in adopting one or more of these guys, please email me for an application. I do have several applications on file and will be reviewing them as well. If you have sent an application prior, you can send me a email saying that I should have one on file. Please include your full name and city so I can make sure I can identify applications. Please include in your email to me a little bit about your knowledge, what type of home you can provide and what you are looking for ( Species ) . If you have pics of the future homes, I would love to see them. I will be asking specific questions to the care so please do some research on how to care for them. It is my job to make sure these guys go to the best homes possible. Home visits may be required. Please understand that if you have turtles and tortoises currently, you will still want to quarantine these guys for at least 90 days to make sure there are no health issues. I cannot guarantee any health on these guys. These are rescued, neglected and/or healthy Turtles and Tortoises that just need a new home. Due to the timing in the weather, if you plan on adopting, once your approved, you must show suitable heating and housing for these guys. These guys can’t be just tossed in a field or in the back yard. For those going indoors, pending species, you may have to have a suitable size tub or tank.

Adoption Requirements:

Must be a member of the SVTTC or CTTC ( $20yr membership fee)

If not a member, you must join at the time of adoption

Adoption Fees are as follows: May not be fees, but a donation is always accepted!

Donations exceeding adoption fees are accepted. All proceeds go to the adoption program to help care for sick and injured turtles and tortoises.

Thanks

Kevin Norred
Silicon Valley Turtle and Tortoise Club Adoption Chairman & BOD
Member of The Bay Area Amphibian and Reptile Society
(408) 482-5437 ( call after 4pm )

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I live in La Verne CA and would be intersted in some boxies. I am a member of the C.T.T.C I was just wondering about where you are located so I can see how far of a drive it would be ty.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
dmmj,

The letter was from the CTTC Silicon Valley chapter, San Jose area. You can contact Kevin Norred for more info. Good luck!

tickfawint2

5 Year Member
My name is Julia H Morris, and I am an Interpretive Park Ranger at Tickfaw State Park in Springfield Louisiana. I (along with three other interpretive rangers/naturalists) work at a nature center which is located inside Tickfaw State Park. and we would love to offer a great home to a sulcata that needs a new home. There is someone at the park seven days a week, and he/she would get lots of attention. He/she would be used in an educational animal show for the public about once a week for 30 mins but even during the program, only one of the four naturalists actually touch and/or handle the animals. We have been looking for a sulcata to adopt for some time but as we are a non-profit organization it has been difficult because everyone seems to be asking for very high adoption fees and or shipping fees. All four of us have lots of experience in turtles, tortoises, and exotic animals in general. Please consider us as a new home for your sulcata and if you ever come to louisiana for a trip you could always stop by our park for a visit. Thank you very much for your consideration.

~Julia Morris~
Interpretive Ranger II
Tickfaw State Park

Phoenix

5 Year Member
Its so sad. I hope you will re home them all

Congrats for your initiative.

Sebastien

Status
Not open for further replies.