Alligator Snappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngumpet

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
anyone have AST here? how do you take care of them? how big is the aquarium compare to it?

i have 2 ASTs. i'm still using a 60liters aquarium. i put a separator in the middle so they won't fight with each other. i don't know whether they'll fight or not, but just in case. they're still around 6-8cm lengths. as the water depth, i usually put around twice the carapace length deep. as for what they eat, i always prepare guppies, small gold fishes, platys, or shrimps. and sometimes i put frozen blood worms. but not sure they eat it or not.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I agree with reptileeats. They get massive, can be dangerous, eat live large fish (do you have access to adult suckers or adult human dinner size fish) and a large body of water. I live on the Missippippi River , which is their habitat, and have seen the ones (juveniles) that Illinois is planting for reestablishment at about 25 to thirty pounds each. I consider them a very serious responsibility.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am not sure if water amounts would be the same for all aquatic turtles or not, but I stick to the 10 gallons of water for every inch of turtle and I do that for each turtle in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.