Amazon wish list please help

Jaid10

Location (City and/or State)
USA

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Hi! On my previous post I talked about how I need some advice on what to do for my torts. If you haven’t already seen it please read as much as you can https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/i-don’t-know-what-to-do-please-help.173882/page-4
You can find me on Facebook under the name Jaid Tortoises. There you can find the Amazon wish list. Thank you all so much! And please, please read the other post.
I think you ignored my comment on your last post but I'll say that again.
You can buy seeds and grow them. Try getting hibiscus, dandelion, pansy, opuntia cuctus (you can do some research on what flowers or leaves can also be fed to sulcata, and don't forget to make sure you can give the plants an optimal condition to mature) and most importantly, grass or weed seeds. There is a great variety of grass and weed, but not all of them are good for sulcata. Personally, I like wheat grass. But same thing for grass, you can do some research.
If you don't have a humidifier and the enclosure had high ventilation, I suggest you get a humidifier.

Jaid10

USA
I think you ignored my comment on your last post but I'll say that again.
You can buy seeds and grow them. Try getting hibiscus, dandelion, pansy, opuntia cuctus (you can do some research on what flowers or leaves can also be fed to sulcata, and don't forget to make sure you can give the plants an optimal condition to mature) and most importantly, grass or weed seeds. There is a great variety of grass and weed, but not all of them are good for sulcata. Personally, I like wheat grass. But same thing for grass, you can do some research.
If you don't have a humidifier and the enclosure had high ventilation, I suggest you get a humidifier.
Ok! It’s winter right now but it’s almost over. I’ve talked to my mom and she said I can grow a garden! I think I’m going to do that and also maybe grow some grass in their cages. How about I put some seeds on the Amazon list!

Jaid10

USA
I actually really need a heat lamp! My older tort’s just went out today. She is in a 64 gallon I think.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Ok! It’s winter right now but it’s almost over. I’ve talked to my mom and she said I can grow a garden! I think I’m going to do that and also maybe grow some grass in their cages. How about I put some seeds on the Amazon list!
Yes that would be a good idea. Is your garden going to be indoors or outdoors?
Grass in the enclosure would be a pretty good idea, as grass should be sulcata's main diet.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I actually really need a heat lamp! My older tort’s just went out today. She is in a 64 gallon I think.
Oh no, it's the enclosure under 80°F? If so, that could be pretty bad since you can't get a new one instantly. Do you happen to have a heater? That could be helpful

Jaid10

USA
Yes that would be a good idea. Is your garden going to be indoors or outdoors?
Grass in the enclosure would be a pretty good idea, as grass should be sulcata's main diet.
It is an outdoor garden. If needed I will get a small greenhouse.

Jaid10

USA
Oh no, it's the enclosure under 80°F? If so, that could be pretty bad since you can't get a new one instantly. Do you happen to have a heater? That could be helpful
No, I don’t. I tried so hard to get a new light today but I couldn’t. It is at about 70 degrees. I will see if I can turn up the heat to 80 degrees.

Jaid10

USA
Any ideas on what to put on the list other than what I have?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
It is an outdoor garden. If needed I will get a small greenhouse.
Outdoor! Nice! Then you can use your torts' faeces as fertilisers! Don't use bought ones since what they are made of is not fully known, which means there's a risk your torts will eat the flowers/grass and die. And you don't need to worry about the smell since it's outside.

Jaid10

USA
Outdoor! Nice! Then you can use your torts' faeces as fertilisers! Don't use bought ones since what they are made of is not fully known, which means there's a risk your torts will eat the flowers/grass and die. And you don't need to worry about the smell since it's outside.
Ok! Great!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Charlie's "fertilizer" is all over my yard, yet it doesn't seem to helping my plants.