***HELP NEWBIE WHAT SEX ARE THEY PLS HELP ME***

Status
Not open for further replies.

meandmytorts

5 Year Member
hello im new to this site so im hoping you guys can help me please :)
i have two sulcaters here which are approx 2,3yrs old im not 100% on the sex? can you please help me??? as i really would lve to know thankyou
***please click link below as i dont know how else to pload pics :( ***

www.picturetrail.com/justmeandmytorts

thankyou so much for taking the time to read this i really hope i get somthing back :)

Attachments

• sullys 002.JPG
    sullys 002.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 42
  • sullys 001.JPG
    sullys 001.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 57
  • sullys 003.JPG
    sullys 003.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 53

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome to the forum...I would have to say you have 2 females, but they may still be too young to sex.

meandmytorts

5 Year Member
thankyou so much for taking your time to read this and help me im very greatful for...to be honest im really hoping for some females :) so i might be lucky,when is the age you can tell,i thought they were but its so hard,thankyou again :)

dalano73 said:
Welcome to the forum...I would have to say you have 2 females, but they may still be too young to sex.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi meandmytorts:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

I'm pretty sure both the sulcata are male.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome to the forum. Its way too early to tell. I could guess, but it would be 50/50. Every once in a while there is an early clue, but not always. I have a male who I really thought was a female up until he was 8 or 9 years old.

They are pretty small for 2 for 3 year olds. Want some tips?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I agree. I think they are too small to say for certain. To me, they both do show signs leaning towards male.

meandmytorts

5 Year Member
oh really :( i was hoping for females,how can you tell? well i was told there 2 or 3? i havent had them long at all a week max :) any info be great thankyou

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
It not always the age especially in Sulcata's, it's also there size. I see what everyone is seeing with the anal scutes showing signs that they will become males, that's why I said they may be too young to tell. Like Tom said, he thought his male was a female until the tort was 8-9 years old. So any guess at this time is just a guess. A lot will change as they get bigger and older. You should ask Tom for tips because he is correct, they are a little small for there age.

Status
Not open for further replies.