Ambient enclosure temp

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
I need to know the best way to get a steady ambient temperature without being a closed chamber enclosure. I am looking to build an enclosure that is 6x3.5ft and I need to get a good ambient temperature in that in the best way. I will work on a close chamber, but right now I just need something better than what I have.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
What species? The only way to increase ambient temperatures within an entire room, is to add a room heater(if too cool) or ac(if too hot).

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I keep my tortoises in a bedroom in my home and keep the room warmer than the house. A CHE on a thermostat is the best night heat. During the day lights work great. Adjust the height of the light to get the desired temp. A temp gun is the best way to measure the temp at tort level.

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
I keep my tortoises in a bedroom in my home and keep the room warmer than the house. A CHE on a thermostat is the best night heat. During the day lights work great. Adjust the height of the light to get the desired temp. A temp gun is the best way to measure the temp at tort level.
I have a Che that is on 24/7 but is mainly used for her hide at night. I need more heat throughout and my house is so big that I cannot just simply heat a small area with my heat. I may need to find a way to do closed chamber and o just don't know how to do that right now.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have a Che that is on 24/7 but is mainly used for her hide at night. I need more heat throughout and my house is so big that I cannot just simply heat a small area with my heat. I may need to find a way to do closed chamber and o just don't know how to do that right now.
You can try aluminum foil on top of the enclosure. Or a piece of plexi glass.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Are you building a table? I covered mine with plastic over a simple frame.

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
I suppose it is a sort of a table but it will actually sit on the floor and not have legs. I was thinking plexiglass too. Anything that is heat resistant. Im so scared of my house burning down!

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419896264.959420.jpg
Has anyone used one of these. I understand i couldn't use this in the hide on the floor because of burrowing, but possibly on the walls and ceiling of the hide?