Another ready to lay eggs

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I think this big girl is getting ready to lay. She's dug right down to the lining of the enclosure. Think this proves that not even 5 " depth is not enough for this species. I won't have that problem in there next enclosure. Also it's weird how all other torts know to move out. They've all gone into the other side out of the way.

I'm at work, so I asked dawn to push a bit of soil back under to cushion the eggs but she just excavated it back out. Hope the eggs don't break.

IMG-20150707-WA0007.jpg IMG-20150707-WA0008.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Dawn just removed that egg because she was rolling it about.
11aa240.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Well. That's the end of that. 1 egg. All levelled back off. This female laid an egg in transit when we got her a couple of months ago. So maybe she has been holding onto this one.
IMG-20150707-WA0014.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I've put this egg in for a 4wk diapaused. I've had this tort for about 2 months now and prior to this @FLINTUS had her for about 5 months. So I think the history before this 7 month period is she was in with other homana but also with some K.b.n torts. Is it possible that these 2 species of hingebacks could cross.
I have seen my male homana copulating with her quite a bit over the last month. Is that to late to fertalise this particular egg?
Thanks.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Never know how many they will lay. I've had mine lay as few as 4 and as many as 10. I've also had them lay 5 eggs, then lay 5 more the next week. Sometimes they do strange things. Watch the egg you have and see if it starts chalking up. Hope you get lucky!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Never know how many they will lay. I've had mine lay as few as 4 and as many as 10. I've also had them lay 5 eggs, then lay 5 more the next week. Sometimes they do strange things. Watch the egg you have and see if it starts chalking up. Hope you get lucky!
What species do you have. And thanks.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have leopards. two female adults who have laid clutches, and one very active male...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes, they can cross.

She sure did not want them far from the food dish did she.