Another round of some newly added shells

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Some lovely added tortoises and turtles to the collection the past week.

Another 2.3 heosemys depressa (Arakan Forest Turtle)to even out to a 3.3 group. These are most exciting for us. In all hopes to hatch some eggs from them a portion of the offspring will be slated to be sent back to Bangladesh, microchipped, and radio transmitter installed and released into the wilds in which they come. This project I posted but unfortunately had to remove because of sensitive material from the Bengali government. Anyways this species, Manouria emys Phayrie, Cuora mohoutii, indotestudo elongata are all species we plan to send back. The release will be a soft release in controlled or rather contained enclosures and then hard released for tracking and adaptive data. Blah blah. Here's the pics of a few of them. Courtship has already taken place out of the shipping box.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Another quite rare species of turtle in the pet/conservation trade. Fascinating species to work with.
Indian brown roofed turtle(pangshura smithi)
image.jpeg

And finally found a proven female Bolivian redfoot for a single male that was lonely.
image.jpeg

and last but not least some snake neck turtles. These guys crack me up. Also another Chinese golden thread turtle but I haven't snapped a pic of him yet.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Some lovely added tortoises and turtles to the collection the past week.

Another 2.3 heosemys depressa (Arakan Forest Turtle)to even out to a 3.3 group. These are most exciting for us. In all hopes to hatch some eggs from them a portion of the offspring will be slated to be sent back to Bangladesh, microchipped, and radio transmitter installed and released into the wilds in which they come. This project I posted but unfortunately had to remove because of sensitive material from the Bengali government. Anyways this species, Manouria emys Phayrie, Cuora mohoutii, indotestudo elongata are all species we plan to send back. The release will be a soft release in controlled or rather contained enclosures and then hard released for tracking and adaptive data. Blah blah. Here's the pics of a few of them. Courtship has already taken place out of the shipping box.
View attachment 170915

View attachment 170916

Another quite rare species of turtle in the pet/conservation trade. Fascinating species to work with.
Indian brown roofed turtle(pangshura smithi)
View attachment 170917

And finally found a proven female Bolivian redfoot for a single male that was lonely.
View attachment 170918

and last but not least some snake neck turtles. These guys crack me up. Also another Chinese golden thread turtle but I haven't snapped a pic of him yet.

View attachment 170919
View attachment 170920
Very nice, those snake neck turtles look so funny.
What's the chances of you showing us the plastron of that Bolivian when you get the time please?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very nice, those snake neck turtles look so funny.
What's the chances of you showing us the plastron of that Bolivian when you get the time please?
I can get one tonight. It's an odd one for sure. Never seen marbling on Gran Chaco(Bolivian) plastron before but she sure represents it highly. She's an F2 animal from 1984 imported adults. So I wonder if she's lineage of the eastern most gran Chaco where the skip of a few hundred miles starts up the eastern giant cherry heads in southern Brazil. Anyways. I'll get you a pic later tonight.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Very interesting! Share the updates! You could be very happy to work with this pangshura species. There are not many people who have them or who work with them. Do you work with tecta or sylenthensis too?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very interesting! Share the updates! You could be very happy to work with this pangshura species. There are not many people who have them or who work with them. Do you work with tecta or sylenthensis too?
Not yet. Sure hope to. Tecta are incredibly rare in collections (even zoos) in the United States. But some are around.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Not yet. Sure hope to. Tecta are incredibly rare in collections (even zoos) in the United States. But some are around.

Yep for sure they're rare. But smithii is much more rare here in Europe! Tecta is more common there are some Privat breeders here. Could you post pictures of their enclosure?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep for sure they're rare. But smithii is much more rare here in Europe! Tecta is more common there are some Privat breeders here. Could you post pictures of their enclosure?
So odd how Europe can vastly be on the other side of rare things. What y'all have and can get is super rare here and what we have and y'all seem difficulty in getting is somewhat common here. Wish international shipping was a bit easier. Ha. The sylenthensis I've never heard of any collections having. I'd love to work with them, they're on the species list in Bangladesh for reintroduction. But little known on obtaining any here in the US.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
So odd how Europe can vastly be on the other side of rare things. What y'all have and can get is super rare here and what we have and y'all seem difficulty in getting is somewhat common here. Wish international shipping was a bit easier. Ha. The sylenthensis I've never heard of any collections having. I'd love to work with them, they're on the species list in Bangladesh for reintroduction. But little known on obtaining any here in the US.

Yep for sure! With easier guidelines of international shipping breeding of rare species will be much easier..
Yes sylenthensis I only saw one time by a friend.. But he has the animals since a long time..