Anxiously awaiting the day I can sex my Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
My leopard tortoise is 11months old today. s/he weighs 230grams and measures slightly over 4"scl. I know s/he is too small to sex but I sure look forward to the day that changes. It'll be nice to no longer refer to "it" as "it" and "leopard tortoise"

If this turns out to be a boy the name will be Levi for short or Leviathan. Even though "he" wont be a large water monster...lol

If this turns out to be a girl the name will be Genesis since "she" started my turtle collection.

I searched through this whole forum to compare these pictures to all the others I could find in hopes I would be able to "guess"...but no luck.

2h73og6.jpg

5ckeie.jpg

21en953.jpg

34gsnph.jpg

next month I can finally refer to "it" as a yearling!! yay :)

surie_the_tortoise

5 Year Member
findlay,ohio
know its to small to know for sure but has signs of being a male. hate having to wait so long, have a baby sulcata that i just call baby since cant know for sure

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Left Coast :)
11 months old? Makes me question my Leo yearling :( he/she looks like a baby hatchling for its size 2.5". Growth differs I guess?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I put my bet on "Male" ......:)
And a very nice Leo you have! :D

pspryu101 said:
11 months old? Makes me question my Leo yearling :( he/she looks like a baby hatchling for its size 2.5". Growth differs I guess?

Growth does differ yes indeed ...but a year old Leo at 2.5" is stretching it . Have you owned it that long ? .. or someone told you it's age? ......2.5" is more like hatchling to - 6 months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I bet male also. Mine didn't show me he was a male until he was 22 months, which was just this January.

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Left Coast :)
N2TORTS said:
I put my bet on "Male" ......:)
And a very nice Leo you have! :D

pspryu101 said:

Growth does differ yes indeed ...but a year old Leo at 2.5" is stretching it . Have you owned it that long ? .. or someone told you it's age? ......2.5" is more like hatchling to - 6 months.

Yeah got him from azsulcata here on the forum :) very healthy guy. But yeah he said he was born last year January 2012?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
thanks for the compliments everyone :)

I also think my little leo is a looker. Love this turtle of mine :) :) :)

So the thoughts are boy huh??.... we shall see. Anyone know of a way to prompt a flash? hehe. if only....

Status
Not open for further replies.