Any help on age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan!
I'm still trying to find out. his length is 2 and three eights of an inch and he is not heavy enough to push the keyys on my laptops keyboard. i measured him on Jan. 2nd. and he still cant push any keys down. any ideas?!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
crocididdle said:
any ideas?!

It might be a hatchling, but you need to give us some more information.

First, What species is "he"?

A picture would go a long way here.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would say less than 3 months old. He could be older. It depends on how he was started out and your husbandry primarily.

(Just so no one thinks I'm crazy, the picture in post #1 wasn't there when I first responded)

eric2013

5 Year Member
My Herman is 3 inches and he was hatched in 2011, I know sulcatas grow a lot bigger than hermans but just so u have an idea, I do think like someone said its a hatchling, does it not say on the paperwork? X

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Michigan!
Neal said:
I would say less than 3 months old. He could be older. It depends on how he was started out and your husbandry primarily.

what do you mean?? :tort:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
crocididdle said:
Neal said:

...the tortoises growth rate are going to be influenced by the care he is receiving and has received.

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Michigan!
Neal said:
crocididdle said:
Neal said:

...the tortoises growth rate are going to be influenced by the care he is receiving and has received.

alright. so there is no for sure way to tell his age except talk to the breeder?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
crocididdle said:
alright. so there is no for sure way to tell his age except talk to the breeder?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.