Any Red Eared Sliders for adoption

brigie3005

Location (City and/or State)
Fleming Island, Florida
Hello, I am looking to adopt a red eared slider. I would prefer to rescue one if possible. Are there any rescues around northern Florida, Jacksonville. Thanks for the information.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Hello, I am looking to adopt a red eared slider. I would prefer to rescue one if possible. Are there any rescues around northern Florida, Jacksonville. Thanks for the information.
I’d check with your local animal shelters. Where I live there are always an abundance of them.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
@SinLA always has some adopting tips.
Thanks! Yeah, I second the idea of going to a shelter or looking at Petfinder or adopt a pet. Red or sliders are probably the single most common turtle you will see at shelters. Now possibly there’s regional variation and maybe they are just incredibly common near me and not as common near you, but there are dozens and dozens and dozens of them in shelters here is SoCal.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Don't give up, keep checking with the shelters and within a month or so you'll have 1 ... or maybe 2. Wait till ya find 1 to rescue and don't jump the gun and get 1 somewhere else.

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
Also, you may ask in smaller local pet stores who sell reptiles. Sometimes people leave unwanted animals there. In my nearest pet store in a couple of months people dropped off 5-6 grown up sliders and a dozen of yearlings. Pet store owner is happy to give them away for free.