COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Rose and Nanay fly into Orlando on Thursday. That is the day they expect the hurricane to hit Florida. Even though as of right now. The hurricane path doesn't hit Orlando. The outer bands could be a problem at the airport.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Whew that we will not be at Ray's house when his wife returns...we left stuff all over his house and made a LOT more work for her.....ahe might be mad! LOL

We are bailing Daytona this evening and heading to Destin to spend the night somewhere then leaving early to head West to get past the storm. We don't play that "man against Nature" stuff.

Enjoy the day guys...

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Whew that we will not be at Ray's house when his wife returns...we left stuff all over his house and made a LOT more work for her.....ahe might be mad! LOL

We are bailing Daytona this evening and heading to Destin to spend the night somewhere then leaving early to head West to get past the storm. We don't play that "man against Nature" stuff.

Enjoy the day guys...
Safe travels!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Enjoy the day guys...
Hopefully the hurricanes path doesn't change. I gave Rose heads up that there might be a possibility. That her and Nanay might get stuck in Atlanta for a night. It will all depend on how much bad weather Orlando gets. I will have my brother close my hurricane shutters. I have the accordian type shutters. So my house can be closed up in 10min. Better to be safe than sorry. We will get rain from the outer bands. But it should be uneventful.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opo has taken over Ms. Sully's night box. My neighbor is going to come over. I will see if we can switch them. Without them seeing each other. If not Ms. Sully will stay in Opo's box for the hurricane. Winds are only supposed to be up to 35mph here. I am hoping Nanay and20240925_155156.jpg Rose will be able to get out of Atlanta. Before the storm hits Georgia.

I guess not🤔🤔 here comes the rain!
20240925_155958.jpg

Last edited:

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Opo has taken over Ms. Sully's night box. My neighbor is going to come over. I will see if we can switch them. Without them seeing each other. If not Ms. Sully will stay in Opo's box for the hurricane. Winds are only supposed to be up to 35mph here. I am hoping Nanay andView attachment 379944 Rose will be able to get out of Atlanta. Before the storm hits Georgia.

I guess not🤔🤔 here comes the rain!
View attachment 379945
Hope they get home safely and you and the torts stay dry and safe too.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon/evening all. We had a pretty decent day yesterday, but we're back on the weather warnings for rain over the next few days and then temps are set to drop for the weekend.

My car's engine light is back on and I can feel something's not right, so will have to take it back to the garage next week to have the sensor changed.
Hopefully it has a few more years in it yet.

Not much else happening in my corner and it's gone midnight so I'm off to bed.
Enjoy the rest of your Weds and nos da.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Ray, YOU gave her that box, Sully has witnesses! I even spread the mulch for her!
Lol

I hope your car issues are minor and you can get the check engine light resolved without too much stress.

Anyone see MS Cathie?
Just miss her

Destin is very nice. Clean, beautiful beaches, wow....daybreak pic, sorry.

And a look into the Gulf as of 6am
20240925_062038.jpg
We left and passes Mobile and are into Mississippi now...cool day. 20240925_061947.jpg

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi till Monroe, Louisiana. Who knew that a Wed night at a Homesuites here garnered a "premium day" price? Out here! LOL

It's nice here and crossing the Mississippi River was big for Kerry since it was her first crossing in a car.

So far we've driven around 2,500 miles.
It's the easiest driving we've ever done.
Tomorrow we should end up at a cabin up near the Diamond park!

Let this sink in for a moment;
We are staying at a cabin in the woods of Arkansas.

Something seems so wrong with that.....if I hear banjo music, we're outta there!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Ray, YOU gave her that box, Sully has witnesses! I even spread the mulch for her!
Lol

I hope your car issues are minor and you can get the check engine light resolved without too much stress.

Anyone see MS Cathie?
Just miss her

Destin is very nice. Clean, beautiful beaches, wow....daybreak pic, sorry.

And a look into the Gulf as of 6am
View attachment 379943
We left and passes Mobile and are into Mississippi now...cool day. View attachment 379942

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi till Monroe, Louisiana. Who knew that a Wed night at a Homesuites here garnered a "premium day" price? Out here! LOL

It's nice here and crossing the Mississippi River was big for Kerry since it was her first crossing in a car.

So far we've driven around 2,500 miles.
It's the easiest driving we've ever done.
Tomorrow we should end up at a cabin up near the Diamond park!

Let this sink in for a moment;
We are staying at a cabin in the woods of Arkansas.

Something seems so wrong with that.....if I hear banjo music, we're outta there!
Looks like a great trip, thanks for the pictures.

Cathie has popped in but not posted anything. Maybe that cheeky pup is keeping her busy.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good afternoon/evening all. We had a pretty decent day yesterday, but we're back on the weather warnings for rain over the next few days and then temps are set to drop for the weekend.

My car's engine light is back on and I can feel something's not right, so will have to take it back to the garage next week to have the sensor changed.
Hopefully it has a few more years in it yet.

Not much else happening in my corner and it's gone midnight so I'm off to bed.
Enjoy the rest of your Weds and nos da.
I have found a peice of black tape over the check engine light works well. 😁

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So nice of you to share your Vacation with us, Jeff! Who's taking care of Matt while you're gone?

I had the check engine thing a couple weeks ago. Turned out to just be a hole in one of the vacuum hoses.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon /evening all.
It's absolutely pouring down here again. Started about 4 hours ago and looks like another 6 hours to go. Thankfully the rest of the day is looking much drier and brighter. I think I'll go to bed and sleep through the rest of the rain.

I hope the weather is better where you are and you are dry, safe and enjoying your Thursday.

Nos da 😴