Any suggestions for a Tortoise Book

KatyshaB

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Utah
Over the years I have found myself fascinated by these beautiful creatures. I love tortoises, and I wish to better understand them. I'm looking for a tortoise book, (not a care sheet or book about keeping tortoises) that can explain the anatomy, phycology, behavior, their history, and their natural range and behaviors. I do not care about how hard it is too read, I will take on anything. Also, it doesn't have to be a book, if you have other suggestions, (such as articles, vlogs, documentaries, etc) then feel free to suggest them. Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mike Pingleton's book on redfooted tortoises is a good read.

KatyshaB

Northern Utah
Thanks! I will look into all of those books, I want to get in anatomy, and the Mike Pingleton's book sounds cool! I'm hoping to get all of them! Does anybody know of a good phycology book?

Rue

Canada
What do you mean by phycology? Physiology? Psychology?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
There is an old book that is a very interesting read- Thomson, James Stewart.The Anatomy of the Tortoise
irttortolibra-20amplas2ampo2ampa29328722022

. Bibliomania, 1932. ISBN 1932871101.

Pretty much all of the older books mostly titled things like 'Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins' are good. A newer book is "Turtles: An Extraordinary Natural History..." If you can plow through all the stuff in them, a herpetolgy text book might help- used ones are pretty cheap.